Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 @ Oilers 6 | 4/6/16 | Bob Cole jumps many sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I am happy we are tanking but I'm not happy how this team just rolls over and dies every night. Embarrassing. We have a bleak future because of GM bleeds assets.

We need Matthews and just about a top 3 pick in the next few years which likely happens.

This is what "tanking" really looks like.

Bad play. Sloppy play. Lack of care. And a team that just rolls over or mails it in more nights than not.

This is what people wanted. It has arrived. And it's incredibly difficult to watch. And we've likely got 3-5 years of this ahead of us, no matter who is in charge.

But if you want those top-3 picks, you have to put a terrible product on the ice. And you're gonna have to have a lot of these games where the whole team just folds and walks away. :dunno:

It's not good hockey. It's not fun to watch. The novelty of "young players" making mistakes all over the ice night after night doesn't last that long.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
You seem like such a nice guy.

:)

Granlund hasn't been here long...I didn't like losing Shrink, however I don't want to do the vancouver thing of piling on a player and I'm hoping he can develop.

The thing you're doing by calling out fans who don't like Granlund because he's shown very little be positive about?

Just a terrible product from these two teams. If the Oilers can't convince their forwards to play defense they'll be picking first overall next season as well. They don't lack talent, but when players like Hall refuse to defend your team is going no where. The Canucks are handicapped by having half a roster full of cheese and a coach who loves him some cheese.

Pedan as a forward? Who does that when it's entirely unnecessary? Oh yeah, the same guy that trades a younger player who is showing improvement for an older player showing none ... on an expiring contract who plays a position that doesn't need to be filled.

Go WilLindBenBrod ... really, just go.:(

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

Bad play. Sloppy play. Lack of care. And a team that just rolls over or mails it in more nights than not.

This is what people wanted. It has arrived. And it's incredibly difficult to watch. And we've likely got 3-5 years of this ahead of us, no matter who is in charge.

But if you want those top-3 picks, you have to put a terrible product on the ice. And you're gonna have to have a lot of these games where the whole team just folds and walks away. :dunno:

It's not good hockey. It's not fun to watch. The novelty of "young players" making mistakes all over the ice night after night doesn't last that long.

I am not sure he is complaining about the things happening on the ice, moreso how the hell did we get to this point.

our trade deadline was so god damn awful that it deserve to be a case study of what not to do when you tank for other teams.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013

No, i want my high picks with an amazing possession team with high goals per game and a top tier Corsi.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Nobody wants *this* anymore than you want a fever to kill a virus. It sucks while you have it but it is (I believe) a necessary hardship to endure on the road to building a better team. Ya it's **** to watch - no "tankist" would say it's great hockey or more fun than watching the 2011 team - but it is the reality of our team, so let's get through it and come out on the other side with some high end talent that is a lot more enjoyable to watch than Linden Vey and Derek Dorsett. I mean if you think it's bad now, just wait til the Sedins have moved on. We'd better have something in place by then or this is gonna look like quality hockey in comparison...

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I am not sure he is complaining about the things happening on the ice, moreso how the hell did we get to this point.

our trade deadline was so god damn awful that it deserve to be a case study of what not to do when you tank for other teams.

Yep. A team tanking properly would have loaded up on picks and prospects (like Toronto), we have been doing the opposite. We are a garbage team because this management group tried to make a playoff team and failed spectacularly, not because we're tanking.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yep. A team tanking properly would have loaded up on picks and prospects (like Toronto), we have been doing the opposite. We are a garbage team because this management group tried to make a playoff team and failed spectacularly, not because we're tanking.

I mean leafs suck because they purposely created a vacuum of talent in their roster.

If we went that route I am sure a lot of the fans would understand, I mean there will be still some that would ***** and whine about it but that's just the way it is. It's really frustrating seeing this management burn this franchise down to the ground with bad decisions left and right.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
Former management group went

0/35 in drafting nhl players before 2013.

Talk about ****.

This management group bleeds assets and doesn't know how to rebuild or take care of day-to-day operations to the point of being humiliated by the league itself. Former member of management group got hired by the league to take care of an important matter.

Just to point out how usual you lie, Ben Hutton (147/2012) says hi. Cody Hodgson has more than 300 NHL games, Kevin Connauton has 150+ and playing 20+ min/G on Arizona, Corrado is getting time in Toronto (~20 min)... don't let a good lie be destroyed by facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad