OT: MLB Thread 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Aaron Judge is an absurd baseball player.

But I always get a kick out of the stat pulls where some guy having an ridiculous month stretch is always the highest in (insert stat categories) since Barry Bonds who averaged that over a several year span lmao.

Reactions: Irishguy42

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Aaron Judge is an absurd baseball player.

But I always get a kick out of the stat pulls where some guy having an ridiculous month stretch is always the highest in (insert stat categories) since Barry Bonds who averaged that over a several year span lmao.

Stupid he’s not in the Hall.

Reactions: Irishguy42

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Brutal loss.Rizzo and Holmes cannot allow that infield single..that HAS to be an out.Another thing is why they didn't have DJ protecting the 3rd base line?Just a bad loss all the way around.Defense stunk the last 2 innings

GoAwayPanarin

May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Clay Holmes will go through periods where he locks down everything.

Still a guy who doesn't miss enough bats for me. The bullpen is an easy area of focus for the FO but I'd look for someone else to close out games.

Reactions: Machinehead

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023

Still a guy who doesn't miss enough bats for me. The bullpen is an easy area of focus for the FO but I'd look for someone else to close out games.
Clay Holmes is the worst best closer in baseball.

If I'm Cashman I'm trying to do a package deal with the White Sox for Crochet AND Kopech. Needless to say Dominguez is off the table in any deal, which is complicated by the fact that they just lost Pereira for the season with some unknown malady....he was placed on the Scranton full season IL today.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Nice 5-1 homestand for the Mets. This is a nice plot twist from the team usually sucking as soon as the calendar switches to June.

Luckily the majority of baseball is average and if they can manage to get back to .500 they're right in it with just about every non Phillies/Dodgers/Brewers/Braves team in the NL.

Reactions: Bob Richards

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Why does it seem like Torres is always part of that bullshit?
He's another Sanchez. Tons of talent but lacks the work ethic and proper mentality. They can't get rid of him soon enough for me.

The Yankees are starting to give off a very strong fraudulent smell. I smell a collapse coming these next two-three weeks.
The order is hot garbage after Judge. Stanton is still a terrible hitter despite the home runs. Dominguez needs to be in the lineup by the playoffs. He can't seem to stay healthy though.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

It's wild to me that the Yankees got this 28 year old with a 1.0 WAR off the scrapheap in 2021 and went "this is our closer for the next several years."

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Nice 5-1 homestand for the Mets. This is a nice plot twist from the team usually sucking as soon as the calendar switches to June.

Luckily the majority of baseball is average and if they can manage to get back to .500 they're right in it with just about every non Phillies/Dodgers/Brewers/Braves team in the NL.

The Mets have taken the Grimace pill.

The World Series is happening as long as that purple abomination is around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad