Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 @ Coyotes 1 | Quietest GDT of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
That's very debatable. He's had a great string of games, but taking over the starting gig full time is another thing entirely. I'm content with how they've chosen to ease him into the position this season, with the probability he unseats Miller next year. It's good for his development, plus we get better odds at drafting a high end player.
People said the same thing about Eddie Lack last year, people are acting like Markstrom is a 21 year old kid, he was drafted the same year as guys like Stamkos and Doughty I understand that goalies are different but he's a 26 year old goalie who's 5-0-1 in this last 6 games, 10th league wide in SP% on a team that bleeds scoring chances more than any other in the league. He's paid his dues, his level of play suggests that he absolutely should be playing the majority of games especially on a team that's "retooling" and trying to get younger. Adam Cracknell gives us a chance at a better draft pick, why not play him over Bo Horvat.

BDG123

Dec 2, 2013
Vancouver
Both goalies have been playing well so i'm indifferent to who starts. It's not like you can blame either one of those guys for the team being out of a playoff spot. Look at our bloody defence, we are about as deep as a puddle on the back end. Our defence is too easy to play against(not physical enough), they are brutal offensively and they give up a tremendous amount of quality scoring changes night in and night out. I don't care how good the goalies are, we can't expect to be a competitive team with such a sub-par back end.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Gonna be a test this next stretch, without Edler and Sutter...

Needs more end-to-end Sbisa to pick up the slack. :)

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Cracknell hasn't played in sometime has he? He should get a game on this Mom trip but I really do want McCann back in. Inbetween Dorsett and Vrbata isn't a bad place for him.

happy Biega is in other that Edler is out. Who gets the prime Tanev spot? Hamhuis or Sbisa?

Guessing...
Hamhuis - Tanev
Hutton - Sbisa
Bartkowski - Biega

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
When the goal is playoffs a coach will always default to the veteran player. Willie certainly isn't the only one. Arguable that the goal should be playoffs.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
When the goal is playoffs a coach will always default to the veteran player. Willie certainly isn't the only one. Arguable that the goal should be playoffs.

That's such a general and simplistic view and it makes little sense. Cracknell does not provide a better chance to win over McCann.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Lmfao momma Bartkowski is a G

Keep him for another season

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

No thanks hes trash

Anyways this is what the team should ice tonight for obv reasons

Daniel Horvat Dorset
Baertchi Henrick Hansen
Burrows Crackers Virtanen
Vrbata Vey Etem

Barkowski Tanev
Sbisa Weber
Hamhuis Biega

Miller
Miller

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia

If he signs at a very reasonable cap hit I have no problem keeping him for a while, at least until guys like Pedan and Subban can make the jump (the former could make a case for next year)

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
If he signs at a very reasonable cap hit I have no problem keeping him for a while, at least until guys like Pedan and Subban can make the jump (the former could make a case for next year)
Not a fan of the player; he's polarizing to me.

He's a replaceable depth guy at best, so I don't see him taking a paycut

mom irreplaceable tho.

vincetheprince

Mar 28, 2007
No thanks hes trash

Anyways this is what the team should ice tonight for obv reasons

Daniel Horvat Dorset
Baertchi Henrick Hansen
Burrows Crackers Virtanen
Vrbata Vey Etem

Barkowski Tanev
Sbisa Weber
Hamhuis Biega

Miller
Miller

LOL NO.

Keep the kid line together and I'd keep Hansen with the twins.

Weber can rot in hell, you are missing Hutton.

Miller backing up Miller?

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Sbisa had a good game yesterday. I will eat a 2 day old Mar Bar in my fridge if he has another game like last night.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
LOL NO.

Keep the kid line together and I'd keep Hansen with the twins.

Weber can rot in hell, you are missing Hutton.

Miller backing up Miller?

Sorry i should of been clearer i was icing a awful lineup for the purposes of tank :laugh:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Not even Rod Serling coaching in the Twilight Zone could think that Cracknell gives the Canucks a better chance to win than McCann.....of course, come to think of it, Miller is playing for Markstrom, so maybe we are in the twilight zone with WD and just don't know it...To quote Rod: "There's nothing in the dark that isn't there when the lights are on"

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
Arooooo...

sticker,375x360.u2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad