GDT: Canes vs Rags - This is where the fun begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Being able to run those lines is a reason I want home ice for the playoffs. We can afford to do that at home and be fine defensively with matchups. Will be much much tougher on the road. But I don't see any reason to push too hard to try to get home ice. If we can get it just by continuing to do what we've been doing (resting guys who are slightly banged up, spreading ice time across the entire lineup somewhat evenly, etc.) then awesome. If not, I'm still confident we can do fine on the road in the playoffs.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I mean, look. That's the 2nd line everyone has been saying we need for years. And that doesn't even have Jarvis in it.

Damn. The impact of our deadline hadn't really hit me until I saw those lines posted.
I mean hell, if Kuzy gets back to his normal self for the playoffs, its the 1st line that everyone has been saying we've needed for years.

We removed Bunting from the lineup and added 2 elite offensive performers to create a brand new 2nd line with the best pure offensive threat the team had before the deadline. And this gives us 2 seriously good offensive lines, a 3rd line that will grind the hell out of you but also has Jarvis just to score on you as well in case you try to overlook them, and a 4th line that should be a matchup problem against anyone we face.

Oh, and we still play the best team defense in the league, and our goaltending is anchored by a return from medical condition Freddie that was out so long this year that he's not really in any danger of hitting the 40 game mark that usually sees his health come back into question.

This roster is seriously good. Just need to stay healthy and its our best chance at a Cup since 2006.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I mean hell, if Kuzy gets back to his normal self for the playoffs, its the 1st line that everyone has been saying we've needed for years.

We removed Bunting from the lineup and added 2 elite offensive performers to create a brand new 2nd line with the best pure offensive threat the team had before the deadline. And this gives us 2 seriously good offensive lines, a 3rd line that will grind the hell out of you but also has Jarvis just to score on you as well in case you try to overlook them, and a 4th line that should be a matchup problem against anyone we face.

Oh, and we still play the best team defense in the league, and our goaltending is anchored by a return from medical condition Freddie that was out so long this year that he's not really in any danger of hitting the 40 game mark that usually sees his health come back into question.

This roster is seriously good. Just need to stay healthy and its our best chance at a Cup since 2006.

Cherry on top, wait until Jack Drury gets back! :sarcasm:

Cormag001

Feb 9, 2019
Can't remember the last time I anticipated a game like tonight's...

Huge for the division lead and the Canes biggest acquisition of however long making his debut

I'm way too excited about the Guentzel / Kuznetsov / Necas line

Has the potential to be an amazing night in PNC

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Is Guentzel really that bad defensly? What I have seen from pens fans they say he is good all around and they surely did not better on defense when Guentzel was out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad