GDT: Canes vs Rags - This is where the fun begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I don’t think Necas is remotely as bad as everyone else seems to think. He’s worth it.
He's very underrated defensively. Compared to other forwards who put up similar point numbers I'd say he's above average. League wide probably about average defensively. He does backcheck and try defensively and his speed makes him pretty good at getting back on the rush. The giveaways are the main weakness but what people don't realize is that almost all extremely skilled players like him suffer from that as well. Being in Boston with many Bruins fan friends I can't tell you how much bitching about Pastrnak I hear in the office from their fans. It comes with the territory of being highly skilled to a large degree.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Glass half empty: That line is probably a problem defensively. Despite the bias towards a goal scored, a goal against counts the same in the opposite direction.

Glass half full: That line makes it easy for Rod to shorten the bench in key defensive situations. No one has to be bumped up or down on the fly.

Just fill it to the tippy f***ing top, chug your beer and enjoy the show.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
its the Oil Line

all offense, f*** defense
Been my mantra my whole life
The best defense is a good offense. Can't score on us if they can't get the puck out of their own end
Put them on their heels and keep them there
How long will it last...hope it's a good showing. Let's take care of business. Family pride is one the line.
Yepp, playoff Canes say hello.
Hurricanes Rangers
I don't know if it's pronounced
like Rempe or Rempe
I believe POS is the proper pronunciation .

Truck packed, heading out soon.

Ass whipping to be given shortly. Let’s make sure they remember it.

Last edited:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He's very underrated defensively. Compared to other forwards who put up similar point numbers I'd say he's above average. League wide probably about average defensively. He does backcheck and try defensively and his speed makes him pretty good at getting back on the rush. The giveaways are the main weakness but what people don't realize is that almost all extremely skilled players like him suffer from that as well. Being in Boston with many Bruins fan friends I can't tell you how much bitching about Pastrnak I hear in the office from their fans. It comes with the territory of being highly skilled to a large degree.
A week or two ago I watched Necas sprint back and dive to block a pass where technically we had enough guys but he had committed so he followed through and blocked the pass while sliding basically on his face. The play ended up at their point who came in closer for a shot, Necas took a knee directly in front of the shooter who backed off looking for a better play that didn’t work out for them. It was an impressive display of hustle and desire to stop a scoring play.

I don’t see him get credit for those plays, just blame on the ones he gives up the puck when he’s the lone creator. When it’s the far end of the rink and he’s got four guys backing him up between the now puck carrier and our net. The best place to give it up if you must.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Since hardly anyone else seems to beat the Rangers for us:

d92758d0-dcc7-49a3-90cb-248782a50d53_text.gif

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
A week or two ago I watched Necas sprint back and dive to block a pass where technically we had enough guys but he had committed so he followed through and blocked the pass while sliding basically on his face. The play ended up at their point who came in closer for a shot, Necas took a knee directly in front of the shooter who backed off looking for a better play that didn’t work out for them. It was an impressive display of hustle and desire to stop a scoring play.

I don’t see him get credit for those plays, just blame on the ones he gives up the puck when he’s the lone creator. When it’s the far end of the rink and he’s got four guys backing him up between the now puck carrier and our net. The best place to give it up if you must.
Yep 100% in agreement here.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016

I specifically remember him making that play because it felt like the best hustle play I've seen Nachos make on defense. I believe that Jarvis also make a play on defense just after that and I think that took a lot of the attention away from what Necas did. You made a very good point Bleed.

Reactions: bleedgreen

skipnjump

Apr 6, 2019
NC
Chat-GPT haiku for the game tonight:

Hurricanes whirl strong,
Rangers' ice dreams fade,
lost breath, Victory chants long.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad