LeBrun: Canes "pretty close" to a structure with a 2024 1st round pick for Necas; Buffalo has "very serious interest"

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
11OA+Krebs+Rosen for Necas+Drury

Drury/Krebs is one arbitration eligible player for one that isn't (potentially relevant to Carolina).
Krebs would be an interesting play in RBAs system. He's got some rat to his game, and gives an honest effort, but can make some terrible decisions with then puck on his stick. If they can beat that out of him, he could become a good piece for them. At worst, he's likely a good 4th line C.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Because we need another scoring fwd next year and given when we have $3O mil in cap space now they can stil add 2-3 tougher guys + an offensive one? None of those guys should cost the 11th pick because you pay for offense…and we can make other trades signings to get what you mention? 1 move is just 1 move and doesn’t mean they’re ignoring the rest…
Let me ask you this, why does Necas want out of carolina?

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
It’s comical how when his name first came out as a potential trade candidate, he was a beast: Rumor: - Necas (CAR) on the market

Now a team would be foolish to add such a one-dimensional player. He’s a very very good young player. I don’t get the hate
luxury player, the team that trades for him better make sure he's the guy they truly believe they need in order to win otherwise it's pointless getting him for a depth role.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I think financially, New Jersey would have a tough time with this. You'd have to sacrifice. They have 16 million in space. Figure 12 after Mercer. Giving 7-8 for Necas doesn't leave a lot to add on defense, which they badly need to do and they'd still have a spot or two to fill out beyond that.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad