GDT: Canes @ Panthers: Biggest Game of The Year?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Canes Prevail Over Panthers in Overtime
Aho scores OT winner, Canes win fifth straight

by Michael Smith @MSmithCanes / CarolinaHurricanes.com
"I saw the guy didn't face me. He was looking at the puck," Mrazek said. "I just tried to get out there and poke check him."
"I haven't seen that kind of save in a long time," Brind'Amour said. "That's old school. It's great anticipation."
An Aho turnover in the offensive zone then led to Jonathan Huberdeau getting a quality scoring opportunity in alone. Again, Mrazek made the save, this time more conventionally with the blocker.
"Two great saves by Petr. Those were huge," Aho said. "A turnover by me, a really bad play, and they got the breakaway. I think I'm going to take him to dinner some day."
"I think I heard Willy yell out, 'This game's ours' now!' We can all get behind that," Pesce said. "[Mrazek] was the game-saver there at the end."
The Canes corralled the rebound, turned the puck the other way and snagged the extra point seconds later. Mrazek flew down the ice with emphatic fist pumps in celebration.
"I believed that they could finish it," he said. "I'm glad they did."
"Without those saves, it would have been different," Aho said.
"It's a good feeling when you know your goalie is hot. We have two."

"Petr was really phenomenal. That's the difference," Brind'Amour said. "Then we do finally make a play. We get it to our best players, and they capitalize."
Recap: Canes Prevail Over Panthers in Overtime

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Very impressive-- where did Aho get the energy for that burst of speed to create that two on one!! After 3 periods, in OT, after being well into his shift. He was a jet

Have you ever played? Guys only have no burst when their guy gets lose on an odd-man rush against them.

When it's an odd-man rush *for* you, there's always another gear.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Told my 4 yr old this morning: “Bad news bud, the Blues lost again last night.”

My son: “Awwww...did da Canes win?”

He’s really lucky he’s so cute. :rolleyes:
Don’t fight it. Buy matching sweaters for the two of you, get a season ticket package, then wear your Blues jersey when they are in town. You are a jerk now because your kid says so. Welcome aboard.

RaleighBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Don’t fight it. Buy matching sweaters for the two of you, get a season ticket package, then wear your Blues jersey when they are in town. You are a jerk now because your kid says so. Welcome aboard.

Wife and I already discussed it. Going to get tickets next year vs Blues (go Blues!) and the other Central Division teams (easy to root against). Already got my kids Stormy gear. They met Caroline on Friday. She started the brainwashing.

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
I hear all Toronto fans have Carolina Hurricane bedsheets.
upload_2019-3-3_21-34-6.jpeg

ChuckW

Keep the Hurricanes great!
May 15, 2009
Parts unknown
That's game. We don't have the balls or desire tonight..

Tired? That's a joke. Noob goalie all you have to do is throw **** on net.
This was a winnable game but you were lazy. These are the points you can't give up.
Lazy. Weak. Excuses are for golf courses.

Man I've been on this board since way WAY back (I had an account before this one)...and these kind of posts in the GDT piss me off an unbelievable amount. Ever wonder why I didn't post in GDTs even when I was a regular on the board? Because I hate reading shit like this. This entire GDT is a textbook case of this absolute clownish shittery.

-Canes take 2-0 lead. "WE ROCK! PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME! MRAZEK IS AWESOME!"
-Cats tie it up. "WE SUCK! WE DON'T DESERVE PLAYOFFS. NO HEART. MRAZEK SUCKS!"
-Cats take 3-2 lead. "BALLGAME! I'M OUT! NEXT YEAR MAYBE. TEAM STINKS! NOT OUR NIGHT!"
-Canes tie it up. "WHAT HEART! WE GUTTED IT OUT! THIS TEAM IS AWESOME!"
-Goalie stops breakaways in overtime. "MRAZEK IS AWESOME! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE NETMINDER!"
-Canes win in OT. "PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!"

It's so tiring. But carry on. As I said, I don't post in or (usually) read GDTs and maybe every team's GDTs are like this.

Maybe next time you are about to post something stupid in a GDT, though...stop and think for a sec. "Is this going to age well?"

Most likely the answer is NO, if it's anything like the shit in this thread.

Good grief.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Man I've been on this board since way WAY back (I had an account before this one)...and these kind of posts in the GDT piss me off an unbelievable amount. Ever wonder why I didn't post in GDTs even when I was a regular on the board? Because I hate reading **** like this. This entire GDT is a textbook case of this absolute clownish ****tery.

-Cats take 3-2 lead. "BALLGAME! I'M OUT! NEXT YEAR MAYBE. TEAM STINKS! NOT OUR NIGHT!"
-Goalie stops breakaways in overtime. "MRAZEK IS AWESOME! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE NETMINDER!"

It's so tiring. But carry on. As I said, I don't post in or (usually) read GDTs and maybe every team's GDTs are like this.

Maybe next time you are about to post something stupid in a GDT, though...stop and think for a sec. "Is this going to age well?"

Most likely the answer is NO, if it's anything like the **** in this thread.

Good grief.

Nice Avatar. I'm surprised the Admins allow you to keep it. I wonder why that is...

Reactions: Unsustainable

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
Man I've been on this board since way WAY back (I had an account before this one)...and these kind of posts in the GDT piss me off an unbelievable amount. Ever wonder why I didn't post in GDTs even when I was a regular on the board? Because I hate reading **** like this. This entire GDT is a textbook case of this absolute clownish ****tery.

Most likely the answer is NO, if it's anything like the **** in this thread.

Good grief.
a game discussion thread having live reactions and emotions
good grief!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad