GDT: Canes @ Panthers: Biggest Game of The Year?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ClarkBolzano

Oct 12, 2018
I don't remember seeing a lot of our guys in the third. We didn't touch the puck much. I give us 45 seconds.
Yes but he did not play at all in the third. The other guys from his line did. Did he play that bad? I think not. There were a lot of bad passes but not from him.

Reactions: Tryamw

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Wait! You go into a sauna in jeans? (please tell me I misunderstood)
No, you go into a sauna in nudd, and your one (1) wear of the jeans would thusly have ended when taking them off, and they'd be unwearable until washed according to Mrs. Robo, and woe is on you if you're far away from home with only your toxic jeans pants.

Also, go hockey, I guess.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
The thing that I've been seeing has nothing to do with effort. It feels like it is basic sloppiness. And that's something that can be cleared up pretty easily.

Every single one of our blueliners made a bonehead play (again, more due to the aforementioned sloppiness), but each and every one of them came back and redeemed themselves multiple times. I knew this would be a tough game, a trap game. Florida is much more talented than their record indicates. So we should feel especially good about this win.

On to beantown.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Ive been dying for Canes/Caps for years.

Biggest playoff overperformer vs biggest playoff underperformer. Sign me up!

My ideal playoff scenario:

Montreal surged to third in The Atlantic while Toronto falls to WC1. Pens squeak in WC2. We overtake the Caps for Metro2. Thus:

Pens v Lightning
Habs v Bruins
Leafs v Isles
Caps v Canes

Those would be hella fun series.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
My ideal playoff scenario:

Montreal surged to third in The Atlantic while Toronto falls to WC1. Pens squeak in WC2. We overtake the Caps for Metro2. Thus:

Pens v Lightning
Habs v Bruins
Leafs v Isles
Caps v Canes

Those would be hella fun series.
giphy.gif

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
No matter how we finish, Rod should be in the convo for Jack Adams. Many on this board wrote him off the moment he was signed but I cannot imagine this team being in the same position if Peters was still head coach. Rod stuck to his plan when everyone second guessed him and it started paying dividends.
I still second guess him all the time. He definitely deserves credit and the team has responded to him like they did his mentor Lavi.

We aren’t here without the goaltending. Period. If Peters had this goaltending we would’ve made the playoffs too.

We didn’t deserve to be in this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad