Canes Offer Sheet KK (6.1 for 1 yr) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajhccwrs

Jun 17, 2017
There is no way in gods green earth do you let him walk, I've said this several times this will be the LeClair situation all over again. Why on earth would u want a late 25+ first round pick. for a potential 1/2 line C.

And if you don't think he has that potential, give your head a shake.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
There is no way in gods green earth do you let him walk, I've said this several times this will be the LeClair situation all over again. Why on earth would u want a late 25+ first round pick. for a potential 1/2 line C.

And if you don't think he has that poten
tial, give your head a shake.

Kk has no 1st line potential at this point in my opinion a good 2nd mqybe but at this rate he's going into a 3rd liner

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
If he leaves it's another prospect that we absolutely ruined. Add his name to the list.

Suzuki - Evans - Paquette - Poehling

Worst C depth in the league? Suzuki gets injured and we have Evans as first C. Yessssssss baby!

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
It's a lose-lose situation for the Habs. The team recent record of late 1st round picks is laughable. If they take the picks maybe we get another McCarron or Schebak

If they match they have to overpay this contract and the next qualifying offer barring a huge increase in production by Kotkaniemi. And they set a record for the Suzuki and Caufield contracts

If the Canes get him, they'll give him solid wingers and all the tools necessary and I'm sure he becomes a strong 2C. Meanwhile we look like grade A clowns with our freshly drafted future Scherbak. Maybe we trade the picks (and more) for this season's winner of the Max Domi regression award: Christian Dvorak

Bergevin got schooled

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019

It all depends on whether or not you think KK will be close to a 6 million center next season.
If he is then we have no issues.
If he's not then we either have to over pay him again or lose him for nothing.

I'm leaning towards him not being anywhere near a 6 million center next season, so I'd take the picks and run.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
If he leaves it's another prospect that we absolutely ruined. Add his name to the list.

Worst C depth in the league? Suzuki gets injured and we have Evans as first C. Yessssssss baby!
If we let KK walk I’d assume MB adds a centre before the season starts. Too early to say that would be our centre line on opening night. It could, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I get why KK would sign this. That being said, the 20$ to spite the Habs could’ve been avoided and the fact that KK saw it and signed it says a lot about his relationship with the organization.

let him walk, take the picks

Says a lot about how poorly the management builds relationships with young talented players... frequent pattern since 2012

_habsfan9

Nov 26, 2005

He is not a potential 1/2 centre. He is a third line centre with a ceiling of average 2nd line center

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
If we let KK walk I’d assume MB adds a centre before the season starts. Too early to say that would be our centre line on opening night. It could, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

We already needed another center to be fair (someone who can take faceoffs and play on the PK at the very least)

Now we might need 2..

:laugh:

(maybe we will all wake up tomorrow and this news was just a dream)

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
I like how both fanbases have a lot of people completely set on what they want, people on both side seeing they are screwed if endcome is X.

I feel like Canadiens can't have a real steal here, but otherwise anything can happen.

Reactions: Nedved

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

Lol yeah if you let him walk you go from "our C depth is fix" last season to "we need to fix the C depth/quality"

Idk how low MB wanted KK but he just lost on any RFA savings lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad