GDT: Canes @ Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
We'd like Jeff Skinner ofcourse, because other than that nothing would really make persuade us to move him.

I was being mostly facetious (the joke is that Leafs who have good games against the 'Canes somehow end up on Carolina, mainly Brent), but if we wouldn't send Skinner for Rick Nash, why would we send him for Phil Kessel?

Reactions: MinJaBen
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Lurking on your board here.

Yeah, don't let Kessel's stats this season paint a picture on how he has played. He's actually never looked better as a Leaf. The goals will come.

We have no interest in trading him at all and as a matter of fact we'd like to re-sign him. If he doesn't want to, then we'll probably entertain ideas.

We'd like Jeff Skinner ofcourse, because other than that nothing would really make persuade us to move him.

Well we definitely do NOT want Kessel then. :laugh:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Are we sure scouts aren't just here for Kessel? Makes a lot more sense than the entire NHL being here to see McBain...

I have no doubt half the NHL scouts wouldn't show up just to see McBain, but they are at the game and would still view him and how terrible he's been.

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina
Missed the first.
Don't understand sitting Corvo again - Sangs just plain sucks.
Don't understand sitting Nodl - Played well in limited minutes so far.
Don't understand sending Dalpe down for Wallace.

Really starting to have doubts if this organization has a clue.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
Honestly, that first goal is 50/50 on Ward and Sanguinetti. I can see what Ward was trying to do there (get the puck to Sangs so he can randomly slap it away), and Sangs lost it.

But letting in one goal on 18 shots? I'll take that any day.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Missed the first.
Don't understand sitting Corvo again - Sangs just plain sucks.
Don't understand sitting Nodl - Played well in limited minutes so far.
Don't understand sending Dalpe down for Wallace.

Really starting to have doubts if this organization has a clue.

1. Corvo has just plain sucked too.
2. Haven't paid enough attention to Nodl one way or another to comment.
3. Dalpe hasn't been playing that badly, but Mueller probably wanted to bring in a more physical guy with better defensive bonafides.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Honestly, that first goal is 50/50 on Ward and Sanguinetti. I can see what Ward was trying to do there (get the puck to Sangs so he can randomly slap it away), and Sangs lost it.

But letting in one goal on 18 shots? I'll take that any day.

Cam was the only bright spot in the first, despite that 1 bad rebound.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Meh...the problem is and was the same. The defensive corp is pretty weak and not just in the defensive zone, but trying to get any flow going offensively just doesn't happen. Looked like at the end of the period Muller was just going with 4 defensemen as there was no McBain or Sanguinetti at the end there.

I was listening to Chuck for a bit on 99.9. Had to laugh during McBain's penalty when Chuck said "Hurricanes are 27th in the league on the Penalty Kill. Hard to believe there are 3 teams worse than the Hurricanes". :laugh:

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I was being mostly facetious (the joke is that Leafs who have good games against the 'Canes somehow end up on Carolina, mainly Brent), but if we wouldn't send Skinner for Rick Nash, why would we send him for Phil Kessel?

I can relate to that.

In Toronto and I'm referencing basketball, we ended up trading Charlie Villaneuva to Milwaukee for T.J Ford because Villanueva had a 44 point eruption against them.

Consequently, we signed Kleiza to a ridiculous deal after he had left the NBA for a while because he owned us for 40+ points one time.

Don't know why I'm giving B-ball references here.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
McBain has been insanely bi polar this season. Decent game followed by horrid game.

His lack of conditioning?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad