Proposal: Canadiens trades vs (arz)(njd)(sjs)(ana)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
cam fowler is not worth three first round picks in any world

i understand we over value our own.. but that return is ridiculous
Offer Gallagher and not futures or stop. Ducks need NHL PLAYERS. It's not that hard to understand.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I wouldn't hate this for the Sharks. We need a backup, and honestly I think Condon did an admirable job. I think you should take out the pick though. Straight up.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
cam fowler is not worth three first round picks in any world

i understand we over value our own.. but that return is ridiculous

who cares where a player was drafted. Yak was 1st overall, but his value is at a 3rd rounder right now. You're giving your guys more value by their draft position instead of the important parts of a player (skill/age/contract). It's nothing new on here though, so don't feel too bad.

Besides that, you're offer is still terrible from an ANA perspective, we're in a win now mode. Picks/prospects do not help us win now. Especially when we're trading away our top pairing defensemen for a bottom 6 guy, a prospect that MIGHT be decent in a few years, and a pick that we don't know where it will be.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Not sure if serious. Value wise, if Murray rejects Scherbak and a 1st for Fowler he should be fired. Fowler is not worth two 1sts.

fowler>>>scherbak and who knows where that 1st will be.

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
Not bad value, but Anaheim has set needs that would be better addressed with a team like Detroit; and it is why just about everyone has us pegged with them right now. Seems like only a matter of when, not if at this point... unless things fall apart, which can happen quickly.

I understand you covet players like Tatar and Nyquist, but i dont think Detroit is willing to offer them up for Fowler.
I think that the only team out there willing to part with NHL ready players is Buffalo...and of course i am talking about Kane...

...good luck with that...

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
First of all nice of you to leave out all other lineups and just post your own. That is basically already proof you know nothing what others teams need.

On to proposal; what piece is the winger Ducks need in the line up instantly? I see no Gallagher or anything of sort. You will not get Fowler for these players.

I strongly recommend you read the OP again.

I am aware of the Ducks needs...i just dont see an NHL team with 80% of the roster set, making a top line winger available for a defender. unless its a great need. And you know what? No team has that great of a need at the time. Even Montreal is fine without Fowler. There are all kind of options available for teams not to overpay for Fowler.

As for offering Gallagher? Whats there for you to add, because its a big plus, you have to fill. Add Ritchie and a 1st, for conversations to begin. As you can see, i am capable of overvaluing my players also...

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Trade 2017 1st round pick plus DeLaRose and Sherbak for Fowler

Anaheim is shopping Fowler, as they should because of the plethora of quality Defencemen. Not to say that Fowler is not a good defender, but the asking price is high and should be. Probably the Ducks need quality forwards coming the other way in a Fowler trade, but with the rosters already quite set its really difficult to trade a top line LW, that the Ducks covet, unless its a move for a player like Buffalo's Kane, and im not sure the want to go that route. The above package is as good as it gets for Fowlers value if they find no suitors. If they opt to not move Fowler now they are risking reducing his value. Fowler would look great as top pairing with Weber in Montreal.

So a pair of forward prospects and a 1st round pick to a win now team hmm... NO!

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
who cares where a player was drafted. Yak was 1st overall, but his value is at a 3rd rounder right now. You're giving your guys more value by their draft position instead of the important parts of a player (skill/age/contract). It's nothing new on here though, so don't feel too bad.

Besides that, you're offer is still terrible from an ANA perspective, we're in a win now mode. Picks/prospects do not help us win now. Especially when we're trading away our top pairing defensemen for a bottom 6 guy, a prospect that MIGHT be decent in a few years, and a pick that we don't know where it will be.

You are blaming the wrong poster for this {terrible} trade. I am the OP and i am here to give you another prespective.

Lets say your team needed a defensemen this offseason. Would you consider a trade of your 1st (we don't know where it will be), Nicolas Kerdilles (a young bottom 6 guy) and Nick Ritchie (a prospect that might be decent in a few years) for my top pairing defencemen, Andrei Markov?...Dont bother answering...

You can argue that your top pairing D is 12 years younger, so lets make that 1st round pick coming my way, a later one. And no salary coming back? Now thats a trade i do every day of the year...

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
I wouldn't hate this for the Sharks. We need a backup, and honestly I think Condon did an admirable job. I think you should take out the pick though. Straight up.

Condon would be a great backup for Jones. Based on his play last year and his international forming career, i'd say his price as around a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick.

Goodrow is an interesting prospect. Decent AHL numbers, but cant really crack the NHL lineup in San Jose. He is already 23, so time is running out for him. Maybe a change of scenery would benefit him at this stage of his career.

To be honest i would only like your 3rd coming back in the deal. Goodrow is in play for the contract to contract trade...A 5th and him is more than fair value...

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Condon would be a great backup for Jones. Based on his play last year and his international forming career, i'd say his price as around a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick.

Goodrow is an interesting prospect. Decent AHL numbers, but cant really crack the NHL lineup in San Jose. He is already 23, so time is running out for him. Maybe a change of scenery would benefit him at this stage of his career.

To be honest i would only like your 3rd coming back in the deal. Goodrow is in play for the contract to contract trade...A 5th and him is more than fair value...

No way Condon is worth a 2nd. Even a 3rd is iffy. Goodrow holds very similar value. He'd be a great replacement for guys like Flynn and Byron. He's younger, and much bigger. I could see Bergevin loving him. He's got a decently well rounded game, and is a good character guy. If he develops well, he could be a fantastic 4th line anchor.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
You are blaming the wrong poster for this {terrible} trade. I am the OP and i am here to give you another prespective.

Lets say your team needed a defensemen this offseason. Would you consider a trade of your 1st (we don't know where it will be), Nicolas Kerdilles (a young bottom 6 guy) and Nick Ritchie (a prospect that might be decent in a few years) for my top pairing defencemen, Andrei Markov?...Dont bother answering...

You can argue that your top pairing D is 12 years younger, so lets make that 1st round pick coming my way, a later one. And no salary coming back? Now thats a trade i do every day of the year...

**** no I wouldn't do that. That's a horrible trade for us, just like your original proposal for Fowler. Of course you do that trade, you're getting future assets for a guy who only has a couple of years left in the NHL at best.

Pretty ridiculous you're comparing Markov to Fowler, one is 37 and has one year left on his contract. The other is 24 and has two years left.

You're original proposal ignores all needs for Anaheim and underrates Fowler so much. You made a bad proposal, deal with it.

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
**** no I wouldn't do that. That's a horrible trade for us, just like your original proposal for Fowler. Of course you do that trade, you're getting future assets for a guy who only has a couple of years left in the NHL at best.

Pretty ridiculous you're comparing Markov to Fowler, one is 37 and has one year left on his contract. The other is 24 and has two years left.

You're original proposal ignores all needs for Anaheim and underrates Fowler so much. You made a bad proposal, deal with it.

What Anaheim needs doesn't mean that will be offered at the trade table...

As i mentioned previously, keep Fowler and watch him shipping to Vegas soon enough or take a player like Tatar or Kane for him...I almost forgot Bozak...you seem to be good trade partners with Toronto...

My trade proposal is actually so bad, as you stated, that all Canadiens fans posted that its too much to pay for Fowler...I suggest you read the thread thoroughly, next time...

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What Anaheim needs doesn't mean that will be offered at the trade table...

As i mentioned previously, keep Fowler and watch him shipping to Vegas soon enough or take a player like Tatar or Kane for him...I almost forgot Bozak...you seem to be good trade partners with Toronto...

My trade proposal is actually so bad, as you stated, that all Canadiens fans posted that its too much to pay for Fowler...I suggest you read the thread thoroughly, next time...

It's garbage. Fowler is an actual top pairing defender. Fowler is 24. Why does ANA need to trade him? They only have him available because of their needs up front. If they aren't getting those, then they aren't moving him. It's as simple as that. You made a proposal without considering anaheims needs. Get over it.

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
It's garbage. Fowler is an actual top pairing defender. Fowler is 24. Why does ANA need to trade him? They only have him available because of their needs up front. If they aren't getting those, then they aren't moving him. It's as simple as that. You made a proposal without considering anaheims needs. Get over it.

Three years ago you traded your top line, young, LWer in Bobby Ryan for two good prospects (Silverberg, Noesen) and a 1st round pick.

Now you can argue all you want that two good prospects and a 1st, is a garbage proposal for Fowler...

Rest my case...

Ducksgo*

And it seems some people can't grasp this concept at all. Thanks for the reply

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
It's really not. There's no reason for us to move Goodrow for Condon. We can just go and sign Enroth who is at least equivalent.
Enroth wont come as cheap as Condon, and you obviously have some cap issues to consider.
Actually Condon at this point might be the best left option for a lot of teams, so i stick with my decent proposal, which of course you can deny politely.

OldAsianSharksFan

More 1OV picks please
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose
It's really not. There's no reason for us to move Goodrow for Condon. We can just go and sign Enroth who is at least equivalent.

Well IF we can't get Enroth, or he's asking north of $3.5 mil, I wouldn't mind that trade. Of course I think it'd be done at the deadline, when we have a better idea what Dell can do.

Three years ago you traded your top line, young, LWer in Bobby Ryan for two good prospects (Silverberg, Noesen) and a 1st round pick.

Now you can argue all you want that two good prospects and a 1st, is a garbage proposal for Fowler...

Rest my case...

First of all, there are Sharks fans, including the one you quoted and me, defending Ducks fans, (DUCKS FANS!), on this trade.

Two, it was obvious at the time Anaheim needed to trade Ryan, because of the $$$ he was making really pressed them to the cap. Also, Silf was a much better prospect than either player from the Habs by far. The Ducks right now have no reason to trade Fowler, even for fair value. He's young, good and the Ducks can protect him from the draft. If the Ducks need space, they can shed Bieksa or Stoner, not trade away a 24 year old top pairing Dman.

mytduxfan*

Rest my case...

Awful case. You're really terrible at putting forth a solid argument.

BR was moved for two promising young players and a 1st. DLR and Scherbak are closer to being busts, then promising young players. MTLs 1st doesn't make up for that fact.

If we're talking Fowler, we'd want one of Galc, Patches or Gallagher. If you don't like that price, fine! You've made your point. You've had your say. Now negotiate or just stop. You're not convincing us to accept your deal by putting down our player and telling us how YOU don't believe other teams will beat it. Even amongst us mere fans, we've had better offers from DET (Tatar+) and TOR (JVR).

TOR fans told us we wouldn't get a 1st for Andersen. EDM fans told us we'd move Vatanen for Pouliot + Yak. BUF fans told us we'd move Fowler for a deal around Ennis. You're just one in a long list of guys who has no clue about the Ducks.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Rest my case...
That was an entirely different case. First, Ryan wasn't as highly sought after as Fowler. How many top pairing RHD's are available? You got Shattenkirk and Fowler that's it. That and the number of teams asking drives the price up. Second, Ryan wasn't going to resign in ANA, it was rumored he was going to PHI (obviously that was wrong but still.) Third I can't stand the Ducks and I am defending them.

Enroth wont come as cheap as Condon, and you obviously have some cap issues to consider.
Actually Condon at this point might be the best left option for a lot of teams, so i stick with my decent proposal, which of course you can deny politely.
We really don't have cap issues anymore. Even if we did, we can simply trade Wingels or Dillon. Not like there won't be plenty of teams in need of a great middle 6 winger or a good bottom 4 D.
Well IF we can't get Enroth, or he's asking north of $3.5 mil, I wouldn't mind that trade. Of course I think it'd be done at the deadline, when we have a better idea what Dell can do.

First of all, there are Sharks fans, including the one you quoted and me, defending Ducks fans, (DUCKS FANS!), on this trade.

Two, it was obvious at the time Anaheim needed to trade Ryan, because of the $$$ he was making really pressed them to the cap. Also, Silf was a much better prospect than either player from the Habs by far. The Ducks right now have no reason to trade Fowler, even for fair value. He's young, good and the Ducks can protect him from the draft. If the Ducks need space, they can shed Bieksa or Stoner, not trade away a 24 year old top pairing Dman.

That is exactly what I'm thinking. If we can get Enroth great, if not we stick with Dell and see what happens. We could even just wait until December and trade for Berra once Luongo comes back.

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
I can see something like De La Rose+Lernout+1rst pick for Fowler. DD could be a good fit in Carolina and I'm ready to give a 4th with him for a project prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad