Proposal: Canadiens trades vs (arz)(njd)(sjs)(ana)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
He is 3/4D in your team, no need to discibe him as top pairing...we all know his value...asking for Pacioretty or Galchenuyk for him is laughable...

I would be curious to see what Ducks fans will say when he is traded for Krejci or Tatar, one for one...I really think my offer is way better...not for now but for the future...

WTf? 3/4d? the same fowler the played over 26 mins in the playoffs and has a .5 PPG in the playoffs?

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
Compairing Emelin with Wisniewski is laughable...as for other UFA options, are you refering to Russell? Good luck with his multi year above 4,5M contract he requests...other options are bottom pairings at best...I thought NJD trully wanted to contend this year, no?

Why is it that Montreal fans keep trying to move him if hes that good? I highly doubt russell is going to get 4.5 m. Even then I would consider signing russell for 3.5-4 million two year deal ( who get more points) over trading my second round pick for the same caliper player and pay him 4 million. New jersey also has the option of waiting till the trade deadline and see how were doing first. We have already made some solid moves this off season and we really weren't that far out of a spot this year. If we are in a better position come tdl then maybe we make a move then for a defense man of greater quality then Emelin. Emelin isn't the missing piece to the stanley cup puzzle for the devils. Imo neither is russell and that is why we just wait until the right defense man is available.

ZombieRegDunlop

Sep 27, 2007
I'm a Habs fan.......I don't know where to begin with everything that is wrong with those proposals.

But.....I'll start with Desharnais and Flynn to Arizona. I'd give Desharnais away for free if anyone would take him.

But why would Arizona want to pay these two players for Pronger who they have specifically not to pay?

They only example I know of in which a team wanted to have a body in the line-up instead of a contract was Clarkson for Horton, and that only happened because Columbus didn't have insurance covering Horton's contract. And Toronto was a team that could afford to pay actual cash for someone not to play while getting LTIR.

Teams don't want other teams garbage, especially when it's going to cost you real money.

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
I really don't think MTL needs to make the move for Fowler at the moment tbh.

Sergachev was a stud in development camp, we will not overpay for a top pairing dman now......Bergevin will wait to see how Serg looks after the summer.

He is elite...but just 18 years old. I wouldn't want to rush him in the league. Fowler has two years remaining in his contract. Its the two year window before Price is up for the monster contract...He is perfect in our teams stracture, especially considering Markov has to decline eventually...Even if Sergachev forces Bergevin's hand its Markov on the way out. Going with youth is the pattern to success my friend...

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
Compairing Emelin with Wisniewski is laughable...as for other UFA options, are you refering to Russell? Good luck with his multi year above 4,5M contract he requests...other options are bottom pairings at best...I thought NJD trully wanted to contend this year, no?

Also why is it so laughable wisniewski could help put up points and will come at a much better cap hit. Hes a descent fill in for the time being.

Ducksgo*

Just another case of an opposing fan telling another team how it deploys its own players.

Just off the offer they were giving as a proposal speaks for itself.

I regret even responding that's how bad this offer is. I want my 20 seconds of my life back after reading why Fowler is worth the crap that was offered including reasoning why smh........

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I'm totally serious, Why? Would Murray want Sherbak who right now is a unknown prospect who hasn't played at the NHL level yet plus a 1st for a proven Fowler get real here. Even Duck fans have suggested that any thing short of a return around either Gally or Patches would be totally unacceptable in a deal for Fowler and DeLaRose isn't a upgrade for Anaheim bottom line is that this deal isn't going to get you Fowler any team out there right now would blow this deal away.

And you are totally over valuing Fowler.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
The Emelin to NJD offer is probably market value, but not giving up a 2nd for him. It makes the Savard trade a wash since we picked up a 2nd in that deal in the first place. I'd offer a 4th at best and only if other options are exhausted.

Emelin is not a make or break acquisition for us as it stands. I'm more content with seeing what our young D (Santini, Jacobs, Auvitu) are capable of first or bringing someone in on a PTO. I'm only in interested in moving futures if its going to impact us greater, not for a 30 year old stay at home middle pairing guy.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
And you are totally over valuing Fowler.

No Duck fans would totally be overvaluing Fowler, I'm just pretty much repeating what they would want for him. Not what i would be offering for him. It's obvious that Duck GM Bob Murray wants more for Fowler then what other GMs are willing to offer or Fowler would've already been dealt same as Shattenkirk.

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
Why is it that Montreal fans keep trying to move him if hes that good? I highly doubt russell is going to get 4.5 m. Even then I would consider signing russell for 3.5-4 million two year deal ( who get more points) over trading my second round pick for the same caliper player and pay him 4 million. New jersey also has the option of waiting till the trade deadline and see how were doing first. We have already made some solid moves this off season and we really weren't that far out of a spot this year. If we are in a better position come tdl then maybe we make a move then for a defense man of greater quality then Emelin. Emelin isn't the missing piece to the stanley cup puzzle for the devils. Imo neither is russell and that is why we just wait until the right defense man is available.

Excuse me, but you dont only need one defensemen, for you to try and find the right one at the deadline.
In case you havent notice besides Green who is elite, you have Severson who is rising but is only 21, two journeyman in Lovejoy and Moore, 5/6 D at best, and Merill who is a huge question mark. Thats it 5 defenders, and as for youth the rest besides Santini, are all AHLers.
Emelin would be your 3rd D before the ink dries in the trade...

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
Also why is it so laughable wisniewski could help put up points and will come at a much better cap hit. Hes a descent fill in for the time being.

Give me a break...he will indeed put up points...from the press box, eating bergers...He is finished, injury prone is the least to discribe him...

p.s I liked him when he was in Montreal...

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
cam fowler is not worth three first round picks in any world

i understand we over value our own.. but that return is ridiculous

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Excuse me, but you dont only need one defensemen, for you to try and find the right one at the deadline.
In case you havent notice besides Green who is elite, you have Severson who is rising but is only 21, two journeyman in Lovejoy and Moore, 5/6 D at best, and Merill who is a huge question mark. Thats it 5 defenders, and as for youth the rest besides Santini, are all AHLers.

That's not the point. I agree with you that the Devils could use Emelin and he would be an upper pairing guy on our team, but not at the cost of futures. We're not contending for a Cup with or without him. It's also doing Montreal a favor by taking his cap hit on when you'll have the Savard contract forgiven because of LTIR, that alone drives the add on cost down. If the 2nd was conditional based on playoff performance, then maybe.

Yes, we need at least one more defender. But not Emelin for the cost of a 2nd round pick. Id rather offer our first in a package for one of the bigger fish potentially available than a 2nd for Emelin.

Its also laughable that you're able to judge our youth as AHLers before any of them have played a professional game yet. Id rather give one of them a shot at some minutes, someone on a PTO, or even a remaining UFA, or at the deadline after seeing what we have, than to give up a 2nd round pick for a 30 year old due $8M over two years. We signed Schlemko in Sept of last year and he was excellent for us, so waiting is not a death nail. We also have Vojtech Mozik who is arguably ready for full time NHL duty and Yohann Auvitu who is coming over from Europe and could be ready right now. The 2nd is more valuable to us right now today than giving it up for Emelin.

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
The Emelin to NJD offer is probably market value, but not giving up a 2nd for him. It makes the Savard trade a wash since we picked up a 2nd in that deal in the first place. I'd offer a 4th at best and only if other options are exhausted.

Emelin is not a make or break acquisition for us as it stands. I'm more content with seeing what our young D (Santini, Jacobs, Auvitu) are capable of first or bringing someone in on a PTO. I'm only in interested in moving futures if its going to impact us greater, not for a 30 year old stay at home middle pairing guy.

The 2nd pick is fair value if you consider that Emelin would be your 3rd D for the next two years. Santini seems a decent prospect although very young and the same goes for Jacobs. You cant contend against the Kessel's, Kuznetsov's, Jenner's, Nelson's or Zuccarello's of your division, with D prospects even as A graded. Auvitu is an AHLer...

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
The 2nd pick is fair value if you consider that Emelin would be your 3rd D for the next two years. Santini seems a decent prospect although very young and the same goes for Jacobs. You cant contend against the Kessel's, Kuznetsov's, Jenner's, Nelson's or Zuccarello's of your division, with D prospects even as A graded. Auvitu is an AHLer...

Im not arguing that its not fair value, but not to this team in July. We can wait to see what else is out there and what other options reveal themselves.

We'll see how Auvitu works out in about a year. Again, we're in no hurry to make a deal for Alexei Emelin in July lol. There are more than a few options still available and more than enough time to address our situation on the back end without giving up a pick for Emelin. If this was the 2nd week of September, y'know maybe then it makes more sense. Not a week from the opening of UFA.

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
cam fowler is not worth three first round picks in any world

i understand we over value our own.. but that return is ridiculous

I know that long term we will come to regret a trade like this. A 1st is a 1st, Sherbak is probably going to be a better Nishuskin version and De La Rose an exceptional bottom six player. Thats why i am quite suprised about the Ducks fans reactions...

Since they think they can land a Pacioretty, good luck with that...Im only considering this trade because it gives us a better chance to compete the next two years...

Regards to my fellow countryman...

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
Im not arguing that its not fair value, but not to this team in July. We can wait to see what else is out there and what other options reveal themselves.

We'll see how Auvitu works out in about a year. Again, we're in no hurry to make a deal for Alexei Emelin in July lol. There are more than a few options still available and more than enough time to address our situation on the back end without giving up a pick for Emelin. If this was the 2nd week of September, y'know maybe then it makes more sense. Not a week from the opening of UFA.

Solid points but we need the cap space now...:nod:
Congratulations to the Devils fans, for such classy postings...:handclap:

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay

Im more then willing to see what Santini has, with him that makes 6. OH not to mention we signed Yohann Auvitu thats 7 . Then we add a bargain signing in ufa and safe our 2nd round pick :handclap: imagine that.

If new jersey is Trading assets for a defense its going to be someone part of the long term future not Emelin. Just because he would play top 4 next year for our team doesn't mean he should be playing top four in the nhl. If I am trading to better my top 4 its not with someone who is a questionable top 4 that is 30 , it would be some one who is a legit top 4. Which one of shero's moves with nj has pointed in the direction of him giving up assets for 30 year old players that are not part of the future.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
why would we trade PAcioretty, who year in year out scores between 30-39 goals and puts up 60-70 points with his primary Center the last 5 seasons being David Freaking Desharnais not to mention on that gem of a contract.... for one of the best #2-3 Dmen in the league that averages about 35 points a year.

If you're trading PAcioretty for a dman.. it has to be someone that has potential to be #1.. and that aint fowler

Just give me Despres and well send you a 3rd round pick.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Solid points but we need the cap space now...:nod:
Congratulations to the Devils fans, for such classy postings...:handclap:

I'm well aware that you do, thats part of the reason why its easier for us to say NAH right now. Making a move for Emelin or someone like him for a similar cost will still be there in September and potentially even later in the season. The Devils aren't in a hurry and shouldn't be, especially not when it comes to spending futures for anything outside of long term acquisitions. It'd be another thing if we were on the cusp of contention and deeper already, but patience is not a bad thing to have. Other options can and will be available. Time is on our side right now.

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
I'm well aware that you do, thats part of the reason why its easier for us to say NAH right now. Making a move for Emelin or someone like him for a similar cost will still be there in September and potentially even later in the season. The Devils aren't in a hurry and shouldn't be, especially not when it comes to spending futures for anything outside of long term acquisitions. It'd be another thing if we were on the cusp of contention and deeper already, but patience is not a bad thing to have. Other options can and will be available. Time is on our side right now.

exactly :nod:

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
Your post makes a strong case, and i agree with you, but you have to admit that Fowler is indeed expendable and my proposal is one of the best you might be offered...

Not bad value, but Anaheim has set needs that would be better addressed with a team like Detroit; and it is why just about everyone has us pegged with them right now. Seems like only a matter of when, not if at this point... unless things fall apart, which can happen quickly.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Trade 2017 1st round pick plus DeLaRose and Sherbak for Fowler
snip
First of all nice of you to leave out all other lineups and just post your own. That is basically already proof you know nothing what others teams need.

On to proposal; what piece is the winger Ducks need in the line up instantly? I see no Gallagher or anything of sort. You will not get Fowler for these players.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
He is 3/4D in your team, no need to discibe him as top pairing...we all know his value...asking for Pacioretty or Galchenuyk for him is laughable...

I would be curious to see what Ducks fans will say when he is traded for Krejci or Tatar, one for one...I really think my offer is way better...not for now but for the future...
This post is funny, you're claiming a Kings fan is talking about "his team".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad