Proposal: Canadiens trades vs (arz)(njd)(sjs)(ana)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
There's nothing saying we were asking for the 8OA or 9OA straight up, most said it would part of a package. There's a reason both Buf and MTL were in talks with Ducks, because the picks were in play, it was what needed to be added that kills the trade. What needs to be added Buf and MTL don't have, which is why you don't hear us associated with those teams any longer. Tor, Col, Det and Boston are the teams that have been associated w/Fowler since the draft; most notable Detroit.

Ya neither Montreal or Buffalo would part with their 8th or 9th pick which is why the deal didn't happen. Not because you wanted ++

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
Ya neither Montreal or Buffalo would part with their 8th or 9th pick which is why the deal didn't happen. Not because you wanted ++

That is a fact...Ducks fans overvaluing Fowler. He couldn't fetch a top 10 pick, my trade proposal is more than fair. I would add that the 1st round pick should be lottery protected, but i believe we will make the playoffs...

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Not sure if serious. Value wise, if Murray rejects Scherbak and a 1st for Fowler he should be fired. Fowler is not worth two 1sts.

So he should be fired if he don't trade a top pairing defenseman for to assets that have proven nothing at the NHL level. Yea ok. :shakehead

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
That is a fact...Ducks fans overvaluing Fowler. He couldn't fetch a top 10 pick, my trade proposal is more than fair. I would add that the 1st round pick should be lottery protected, but i believe we will make the playoffs...

Apparently you don't know what facts are.

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
It appears Shero is gunning for a defensive style similar to what he employed in his Pittsburgh years -- PMD-heavy, with a few vets sprinkled here and there. Mostly steady guys. I don't think Emelin necessarily fits that mold.

I'd rather keep the 2nd rounder. Not a bad proposal, though, but I'd politely decline.
The way you describe Shero's preferences its exactly what Emelin is...a vet, steady, heavy PMD...What would you offer, if not the 2nd round pick?

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
So he should be fired if he don't trade a top pairing defenseman for to assets that have proven nothing at the NHL level. Yea ok. :shakehead

He is 3/4D in your team, no need to discibe him as top pairing...we all know his value...asking for Pacioretty or Galchenuyk for him is laughable...

I would be curious to see what Ducks fans will say when he is traded for Krejci or Tatar, one for one...I really think my offer is way better...not for now but for the future...

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
Should have included Ryan Clow somewhere in there too.

I assume you mean Clowe...
...too much length in his contract...

I dont get why pricey LTIR contracts help teams reach the cap floor and dont help cap spending teams spend more...I actually think its circulating the cap, but non less a good strategy to go all in...

Last edited:

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
He is 3/4D in your team, no need to discibe him as top pairing...we all know his value...asking for Pacioretty or Galchenuyk for him is laughable...

I would be curious to see what Ducks fans will say when he is traded for Krejci or Tatar, one for one...I really think my offer is way better...not for now but for the future...

Fowler was our #1 last year. He would be our #1 or #2 this next year, depending on Lindholms development.

rodney dangerfield

Dec 8, 2015
Lol people think Fowler is worth Patches or Chucky. Good luck on that Anaheim, OP's suggestion is one of the best you could get or else he wouldve been traded at the draft.

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
lol nj isnt trading away a 2nd round pick, at this point it makes no sense for them. If we want depth why wouldn't we just sign wisniewski and not give up a second. Theres other options that are now in the bargain bin that we can scoop up for pennies on the dollar. Ray shero can go threw rest of the offseason using his change purse, hes done his job and did it quite well.

Compairing Emelin with Wisniewski is laughable...as for other UFA options, are you refering to Russell? Good luck with his multi year above 4,5M contract he requests...other options are bottom pairings at best...I thought NJD trully wanted to contend this year, no?

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Lol people think Fowler is worth Patches or Chucky. Good luck on that Anaheim, OP's suggestion is one of the best you could get or else he wouldve been traded at the draft.

Nobody said he was worth either of those two straight up, but that's who we would be targeting.

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
Lindholm and Vatanen, are both above Fowler in Ducks depth chart...

Vatanen is not above Fowler on the depth chart lol. I like how fans from other teams think they know about a roster they probably see once a year when we visit. Vats filled Fowler's spot for 13 games last year and only put up 3 pts in the process. Fowler was by far our best Dman to start the season and was keeping us in games while Lindholm was finding his feet. Fowler still was operating as our #1 defensive dman for most of the season; and has been for quite a few seasons. Lindholm has flashed some great potential and took over the #1 spot towards the end of the season and playoffs. Vats is a RH shot and provides a great PP QB, but isn't the all around Dman that Fowler is at this point. Vats keeps improving, but the reason Fowler is available for trade is Theodore. Theodore is ready for the NHL and can ease the burden of losing Fowler. Theodore is much more NHL ready than Montour, whose still 1-2 split seasons between the AHL/NHL before he's ready. That's the main reason they chose Vatanen over Fowler.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Vatanen is not above Fowler on the depth chart lol. I like how fans from other teams think they know about a roster they probably see once a year when we visit. Vats filled Fowler's spot for 13 games last year and only put up 3 pts in the process. Fowler was by far our best Dman to start the season and was keeping us in games while Lindholm was finding his feet. Fowler still was operating as our #1 defensive dman for most of the season; and has been for quite a few seasons. Lindholm has flashed some great potential and took over the #1 spot towards the end of the season and playoffs. Vats is a RH shot and provides a great PP QB, but isn't the all around Dman that Fowler is at this point. Vats keeps improving, but the reason Fowler is available for trade is Theodore. Theodore is ready for the NHL and can ease the burden of losing Fowler. Theodore is much more NHL ready than Montour, whose still 1-2 split seasons between the AHL/NHL before he's ready. That's the main reason they chose Vatanen over Fowler.

The main reason is probably cost. Vatanen is now cost controlled for 4 years. Fowler for only 2 years before UFA.

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
Based on what?

Your GM and fan base...
Offering Vatanen and Lindholm new deals is wise and making Fowler expendable. Its either trade now with high value, or trade later with lower value, or see him 6 times a year in a Vegas jersey. Pick your choice...

As for the depth chart...you dont pay Lindholm 6/7M to play bottom pairing, nor you pay Vatanen more than Fowler just to play behind him...

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Your GM and fan base...
Offering Vatanen and Lindholm new deals is wise and making Fowler expendable. Its either trade now with high value, or trade later with lower value, or see him 6 times a year in a Vegas jersey. Pick your choice...

As for the depth chart...you dont pay Lindholm 6/7M to play bottom pairing, nor you pay Vatanen more than Fowler just to play behind him...

So really you have no clue. Which I guess I already knew.

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013
So really you have no clue. Which I guess I already knew.

No clue? How come with all those trade rumors there is no GM denial? How come no one from the Ducks office came out to say that Fowler is not for sale?

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
No clue? How come with all those trade rumors there is no GM denial? How come no one from the Ducks office came out to say that Fowler is not for sale?

Umm because he probably is "for sale".

Which is completely besides the point and has nothing to do with where he is on the depth chart.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I really don't think MTL needs to make the move for Fowler at the moment tbh.

Sergachev was a stud in development camp, we will not overpay for a top pairing dman now......Bergevin will wait to see how Serg looks after the summer.

Ducksgo*

DeLaRose and Sherbak aren't going to get you Fowler even with a 1st attached to it, Why? Would Ducks GM Bob Murray want DeLaRose who's only has 55 NHL games to his credit. No way does this get you Fowler. Other then moving either Gally or Patches and that's not happening i doubt that Montreal has the pieces that Murray would want for Fowler. Don't see Montreal and Anaheim being good trading partners here. And Hudler isn't signing a 1 year deal he will easily get at least 2 to 3 years here.

Agree with this. There's absolutely no way those players land you a top 2/3 defenseman regardless of a first being attached especially being that late from Montreal.

This is a horrible trade for Anaheim value wise I would rather deal with Edmonton, Detroit, Buffalo etc if that was there max offer

GRECOHAB

Jun 1, 2013

Your post makes a strong case, and i agree with you, but you have to admit that Fowler is indeed expendable and my proposal is one of the best you might be offered...

Ducksgo*

And will probably go far because of Shea. Which makes your late first crap, and just an added bonus for two subpar players as of right now being thrown at us for a top 2/3 defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad