GDT: CANADIENS @ PANTHERS Sun. 29/12/2013 5:00 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Biggest difference is Emelin's play if you ask me. Right now they look like the team last year and this year without Emelin. That's because he's playing like ****.

Blame the coach all you want, but he's not telling Emelin to stop skating, stop throwing hits and stop making a good first pass. He's just looking confused out there. Hopefully it's not one of those situations where there's a pre and post injuring Alexei Emelin...

That's pretty ridiculous. Is Emelin telling the guys to dump it out of the zone? To dump and chase it? Is he the one that called us a grinding team??..

Emelin isn't this super awesome Norris winner that is the difference between our team looking good or bad. I mean come one dude..

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013
WTF im sick of therrien relying on the plekanec line for scoring. yea they've chipped in offensively, but no where near proportional to the amount of chances they get. that line is NOT an offensive line. where's galchenyuk on this powperplay??

its no wonder we cant score, all the wrong players are being asked to score

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
WTF im sick of therrien relying on the plekanec line for scoring. yea they've chipped in offensively, but no where near proportional to the amount of chances they get. that line is NOT an offensive line. where's galchenyuk on this powperplay??

its no wonder we cant score, all the wrong players are being asked to score

I'm assuming you meant the DD line, not Plekanec.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
Last year we started fumbling because Price was letting in shots my grandmother would have saved. Maybe of the games we lost down the stretch we were dominating the opponents. It's not at all how we're playing right now. Not even close.
In the POs, we were injured and Price was again pretty mediocre. Despite this, Anderson still had to play on its head for Ottawa to win.

Really, there is nothing similar to the way we're playing now.

Well I disagree for the most part. I can agree Price was also bad the second half last season.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
That's pretty ridiculous. Is Emelin telling the guys to dump it out of the zone? To dump and chase it? Is he the one that called us a grinding team??..

Emelin isn't this super awesome Norris winner that is the difference between our team looking good or bad. I mean come one dude..

huh?

Same coach, same team, same everything.

Very different Emelin right now.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
huh?

Same coach, same team, same everything.

Very different Emelin right now.

What do you mean ''huh?''. How is our team's system, which is the reason why we look so bad, attributed to Emelin's performance? You're saying we look bad because Emelin is playing poorly, or did I misread you?

Renholder

Racing like a pro
Jun 24, 2005
montreal
we're being outcoached and outmuscled.
this game is embarassing

Everytime I see Diaz, Bouillon, Bourque on the powerplay, my heart sinks.

Which NHL calliber coaches are available right now?

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013
I'm assuming you meant the DD line, not Plekanec.

No i meant the Plekanec line on the second wave. Yes briere was out there, but no way should gionta be out there. People are high on plekanec around here but truth be told hes a DEFENSIVE center (and a good one) that can score from time to time. when you have briere/chucky/eller , all who can play center, the number 2 wave should be centered by one of them.

I can't stand desharnais but at this point, the use of the plekenec line for offence is getting ridiculous.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
We will not go very far with this anemic offense. This is the 20th game this year where we scored 2 goals or less. That is half our games played this season. Help cant come from what we have so trades need to be made to improve this department. I would not want to think where this team would be without Price.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
What do you mean ''huh?''. How is our team's system, which is the reason why we look so bad, attributed to Emelin's performance? You're saying we look bad because Emelin is playing poorly, or did I misread you?

Did the system change from last year when he was dominant and everyone in the Eastern Conference knew they had to keep their head up in the neutral zone?

As far as I know he looked awesome in the same system last year. That's why I wasn't sure what you meant.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Damn Gorges can't do anything but snow angels on the ice. He's got time in the slot and decides to make a shoulder high pass to DD. And if that was a shot on net i would dig a hole and stick my head in if i was gorges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad