GDT: CANADIENS @ PANTHERS Sun. 29/12/2013 5:00 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Why are people so surprised we are playing bad. This is the real habs. People thinking we are going to be playing like october and november are deluded. Last year was the same, played great early on and then faded away towards the end when the games were tougher. It's gonna be like that again this, games will get tougher so you can forget about them playing like early in the season. We will slowly fade and get bounced early if we make the playoffs. Until we change the make-up of this it's always gonna be like this.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Need to cut some bandwagoneers like DD and Briere ASAP.
How about we fire MT and see what a real coach can do with this team before cutting people.

Newsflash - if DD and Briere were in the pressbox, we'd still suck.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
tumblr_lml879CljW1qkvjdxo1_400.jpg

kirk-muller.jpg

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Why are people so surprised we are playing bad. This is the real habs. People thinking we are going to be playing like october and november are deluded. Last year was the same, played great early on and then faded away towards the end when the games were tougher. It's gonna be like that again this, games will get tougher so you can forget about them playing like early in the season. We will slowly fade and get bounced early if we make the playoffs. Until we change the make-up of this it's always gonna be like this.

Not really. We're not a first place team, but we're a playoff team. What's killing us right now is that we play the most stupid, ineffective style of play I have ever seen.

How about we fire MT and see what a real coach can do with this team before cutting people.

Newsflash - if DD and Briere were in the pressbox, we'd still suck.

Even though most people would like to see Therrien gone, his record since he came back with the Habs has been good, to say the least. I have a hard time imagining Bergevin switching coach solely based on "numbers". Not anytime soon, at least.

Athletique_Canadien

Dec 13, 2005
Halifax, NS
Tonight is so bad that one could argue that Murray should have been draw in for this game. :help: He might be slow but the rest of our D don't look much faster than him this evening & Florida is crashing the net & hanging around the crease. Murray is known to be a crease clearer.

Sad but true. One could argue that

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009

MT's system is to outwork the opposition early in the season, while other teams are building solid systems to peak for the playoffs. MT's speech is probably the same game after game.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't think we are. We have played better, but I think these are the team's true colors.

How can these be our true colors? Plek-Galla-Galy-Eller-MaxPac-PK-Markov-Price.
We were playing much better last year with essentially the same team, and the East is even weaker this year.
We're playing Randy Cunneyworth hockey right now. It's very bad and not representative of us.
We have a coach that keeps regularly using Francis freaking Bouillon on the PP point despite him having like 1 point in two years there. His player management is just horrible, not to mention the fact he thinks a team that is one of the smallest in the NHL is a grinding team. I mean come on. There's no way we're playing as good as we could. There's no way we're playing the system we should.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Not really. We're not a first place team, but we're a playoff team. What's killing us right now is that we play the most stupid, ineffective style of play I have ever seen.
The whole point of dump and chase is to open up the blue line. Doesn't matter if you keep doing the same thing over and over.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Right. Diaz is the one that has to be benched and we should give more minutes to Emelin. Give me a break. People on this board are so blinded by size and physical play.

Yeah. Exactly. Emelin sucks on the right side and he never should play on that ****ing side. Did he ever made an open ice hit on that side? Hes not good with his backhand. Hes good on the other ****in way.

Diaz is plain bad. Always missing the net with his shots. Too fancy.

Subban should be playing 27-28mins a night. Emelin less PK more PP.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Subban with 4 blocked shots... Maybe we should focus on offense instead of diving left and right to block shots.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
13 goals in the last 9 games (so far)

Don't change the line-up Therrien, everything is well.
Who needs goals after all.....

Don't break Pac-DD-Gally and keep playing Cunneyworth's style for the sake of those who played well in that system. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Maybe we shouldn't ***** when a defenseman plays defense... :shakehead

I'm not blaming Subban here but the coaching staff. They're praising this sort of stuff instead of offense. Pathetic in my opinion. How many shots does he have today? Any?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Yeah. Exactly. Emelin sucks on the right side and he never should play on that ****ing side. Did he ever made an open ice hit on that side? Hes not good with his backhand. Hes good on the other ****in way.

Diaz is plain bad. Always missing the net with his shots. Too fancy.

Subban should be playing 27-28mins a night. Emelin less PK more PP.

Just what the hell are you babbling about? Diaz has been one of our most consistent defenseman all year, and arguably our best one tonight.

Emelin has been a trainwreck defensively for most of the year. He's just plain terrible. Sure, you can put him on the left side, but he doesn't deserve more ice-time, especially not at the expense of Diaz.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
How can these be our true colors? Plek-Galla-Galy-Eller-MaxPac-PK-Markov-Price.
We were playing much better last year with essentially the same team, and the East is even weaker this year.
We're playing Randy Cunneyworth hockey right now. It's very bad and not representative of us.
We have a coach that keeps regularly using Francis freaking Bouillon on the PP point despite him having like 1 point in two years there. His player management is just horrible, not to mention the fact he thinks a team that is one of the smallest in the NHL is a grinding team. I mean come on. There's no way we're playing as good as we could. There's no way we're playing the system we should.

This is exactly how we played later on in the season last year, and in the playoffs.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
I'm not blaming Subban here but the coaching staff. They're praising this sort of stuff instead of offense. Pathetic in my opinion. How many shots does he have today? Any?

Meh, the whole team's playing like crap, they have a total of 13 shots... And yeah, he has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad