Canadian Soccer Part VI; O CANADA O BABY

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Just bought tickets to go to Costa Rica even though I have no plans to go, which means I'll be booking a flight/hotel on March 22 or something.
Come hell or high water i'm getting Jamaican tickets as well. If I don't see them qualify live, it all falls on @robertmac43 's shoulders.

If we haven't qualified by Panama, i'm not sure i can bring myself to watch.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Going to be interesting to watch this one play out. Guessing he leaves for a PL champions league team, or maybe Inter

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
As a United fan I'd lose my mind seeing a bonafide quality Canadian player join us, but he'd likely not get the chance to consistently start, so I'd rather him go somewhere he's got the chance to truly thrive at. Especially since if we do happen to make top 4, and that's a big if ATM, Ronaldo will for better or worse, have that spot nailed down, as well as the other options we have available.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
As a United fan I'd lose my mind seeing a bonafide quality Canadian player join us, but he'd likely not get the chance to consistently start, so I'd rather him go somewhere he's got the chance to truly thrive at. Especially since if we do happen to make top 4, and that's a big if ATM, Ronaldo will for better or worse, have that spot nailed down, as well as the other options we have available.
It seems as though Everton have a spot to fill. Unfortunately it looks like Calvert Lewin can't be counted on. I'm not sure if David is the player Lampard wants but it could be a really good fit.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
It seems as though Everton have a spot to fill. Unfortunately it looks like Calvert Lewin can't be counted on. I'm not sure if David is the player Lampard wants but it could be a really good fit.
His aspirations are bigger than Everton. I think he's better suited for Italy than the PL anyway.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't think David will want to play on a championship team.... ;)

Reactions: al secord

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
LOL. Everton can pay the big bucks .... Maybe he has sights on a higher profile team.
The report was that he was looking for a champions league team. Honestly, moving to Everton would be a better move for him at this stage than being buried on the bench at Chelsea or Liverpool, in my opinion.

It just doesn't seem to be in his plans.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Arsenal makes a lot of sense to me. David would fit the age profile and he has a playing style that fit what Arteta is going for. He could share duties with Laca for a year and then take over the following fully the following season.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Didn't scroll up and thought we were talking about Larin re: Everton. David is far clear.

I think Arsenal makes the most sense.

Also ticketing for Jamaica will come out today/tomorrow. Would like to preemptively congratulate everyone who paid $20 for a Voyageurs membership to get access to Jamaica tickets because its about to look like a bargain.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Didn't scroll up and thought we were talking about Larin re: Everton. David is far clear.

I think Arsenal makes the most sense.

Also ticketing for Jamaica will come out today/tomorrow. Would like to preemptively congratulate everyone who paid $20 for a Voyageurs membership to get access to Jamaica tickets because its about to look like a bargain.
The years of being a Voyageur is paying off lol

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Wow we finally get this gme! If you are in the Ontario area, tickets are super cheap and you should go check this one out!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad