Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Something to be said for simple plays.. Saliba on the field and immediately making them where older players haven't been.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Ended up watching this one on FS1 because reasons. Did I ever enjoy the pxp and colour commentary. Refreshing.

Good win for the coach on home soil. Looked like a nice crowd on a cold day in T.O.

That was one of the better games I feel I have seen from David for the CNMT. Kudos.

New soccerman crush on Bombito! Stellar effort all game.

Am I crazy or is St. Clair looking like a better option than Crepeau?

Seeing all these "new" names on the squad making plays and proving we have some serious depth... LOVE IT.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Ended up watching this one on FS1 because reasons. Did I ever enjoy the pxp and colour commentary. Refreshing.

Good win for the coach on home soil. Looked like a nice crowd on a cold day in T.O.

That was one of the better games I feel I have seen from David for the CNMT. Kudos.

New soccerman crush on Bombito! Stellar effort all game.

Am I crazy or is St. Clair looking like a better option than Crepeau?

Seeing all these "new" names on the squad making plays and proving we have some serious depth... LOVE IT.
Jessie will stay with Creps until given a reason not to but that rush out of goal was a really poor decision. He's fallen to number two in Portland behind our own James Pantemis.

I watch every Nice game in France to watch Bombito.. Nice play pretty open with a back 3 and Bomb has to cover alot of ground. He's playing well in Ligue 1.

On form St Clair has been our best keeper.. Pantemis also solid. See what next window brings.

JD was on it tonight.

Reactions: Tuggy and wingman75

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Other than atrocious reffing and the first sign of winter, the only real dark spot was how simply picked apart we were on the goal. We can't afford to fall asleep like that.

Grasping at straws though. We could be feeling like the States this morning.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Other than atrocious reffing and the first sign of winter, the only real dark spot was how simply picked apart we were on the goal. We can't afford to fall asleep like that.

Grasping at straws though. We could be feeling like the States this morning.
Didn't get to see the game but a 2-0 loss to a pile of hack and whacks can't feel too great. It looked like Mexico had the ball as well.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Reflecting on last night. I think we were sloppy but decent.

The one game window is kind of a shame, I'm sure we would look a little more put together if we had another game this window. Overall though, I'm happy with the win.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
This may have been posted but out opponent for the game in November is Suriname.
El Salvador seems to have crapped the bed. Suriname continue to add to their player pool but that is a team we should still handle.

It was very sloppy last night. Saliba came on and showed everyone how ball retention is done.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Out of our 3 MLS teams it seems as though Montreal is doing the best developing NT level talent by far, at least recently. Johnston, Kone, Choiniere, Saliba. Vancouver has developed Ahmed but that's about it post-Davies. TFC let their best recent homegrown talent go in Shaffelburg. Their development pipeline has not served them or the NT well at all since basically Osorio.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Out of our 3 MLS teams it seems as though Montreal is doing the best developing NT level talent by far, at least recently. Johnston, Kone, Choiniere, Saliba. Vancouver has developed Ahmed but that's about it post-Davies. TFC let their best recent homegrown talent go in Shaffelburg. Their development pipeline has not served them or the NT well at all since basically Osorio.
I would agree Montreal is the best by far. I would argue Vancouver has done virtually nothing and has perhaps hindered Canadian players rather than help.

Ahmed is succeeding in spite of the Caps treatment of him. Boehmer looks like a prospect and they continue to play a bang average Japanese keeper ahead of him.

Adekugbe, Bair and Cornelious vastly improved once they got away from the Caps.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Crépeau was trained at the Montreal Impact Academy, so was Pantemis.

Johnston is not homegrown, Montreal bought him from another MLS club.

That being said, they are indeed doing the best job out of all of the MLS clubs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad