Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I saw this on the weekend. So much more to come.

Me in 2022: "Don't see the hype with this guy. He has the pace but can his passing and vision improve?"
Me in 2023: "WTF, his passing and vision on the field has improved, but his final touches needs to improve."
Me in 2024: " Yeah but he's not playing with a top tier team yet!"
Me in 2025: "Madrid only paid 80mil for him?"

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Me in 2022: "Don't see the hype with this guy. He has the pace but can his passing and vision improve?"
Me in 2023: "WTF, his passing and vision on the field has improved, but his final touches needs to improve."
Me in 2024: " Yeah but he's not playing with a top tier team yet!"
Me in 2025: "Madrid only paid 80mil for him?"
Me in 2022: "Koné is going to be an impact player for club and country before long"

I am not right often, but when I am, I am :laugh:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Apparently Liam Miller will be with Hull City by this weekend.

Be very interested to see how he does for another year in this very tough league.

Reactions: Tuggy

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Halifax headed to Calgary and were fortunate not to concede 5 but also unlucky not to tie late.

Fillion suspended so Rushenas of Dal University will make his pro debut against Forge on Wednesday.

Reactions: robertmac43

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Watched the BC derby.

Was great to see Canadian U20 player, James Cameron, start at LB and have a great game. That's what this league needs; u21 minutes going to players who will play a meaningful role and get experience. Then hopefully outgrow the league and move to MLS and beyond. Cameron by the way can seemingly play anywhere on the field.. Could be a national team Swiss army knife soon enough.

Was hoping LB, Greco-Taylor, would feature for Pacific but he may be injured.. wasn't dressed.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
1723564822360.png

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Liam Millar started and played 62 minutes for Hull in their Carabao Cup match vs Wednesday. He got off to a horror start as he had a bad touch under pressure which led to a goal against inside the first minute. Wasn't just a Millar problem though. They conceded twice in the first 10 as Sheff were on max press. Once that energy wore off, Hull dominated the game.

Millar and Giles doing most of the playmaking down the left, Millar showing his attacking arsenal by combining with Giles, making his own runs and crossing with his left and right. Cutting in and creating from there.. Only thing I'd like to see more of is the odd shot when he cuts across the top. Once he came out of the game at the same time as the nifty Omur, Hull's race was run.. they never seriously threatened after that.

So I take a great deal of positives from this. Short passing game, crossing, running at people.. lots of combos and lots of energy over all. They rarely attacked off the right unless Omur drifted there.

Ugbo got a cameo and really didn't get a sniff so hopefully more to come from him as the season goes on.

Last edited:
Reactions: al secord and Tuggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad