Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Mo Farsi has decided to go with Algeria instead of Canada.

Obviously not the biggest name out there, bit it sucks to see a 24 year old that came through the CPL pick a different tour.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Mo Farsi has decided to go with Algeria instead of Canada.

Obviously not the biggest name out there, bit it sucks to see a 24 year old that came through the CPL pick a different tour.
Yeah - he is going with his heart he says.. I'm ok with it. It is nice to see players go through the CPL to the MLS and play with national teams.. Even if it is not ours (don't want to make a habit of it)

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I know he wanted out of CF Montreal. Gets a chance in Europe if it happens.

I've honestly had very limited viewing of this kid, but everything I've heard about him is that he's efficient, comfortable on the ball and very responsible defensively. Can also pick out a pass. So it goes without saying he needs a bigger challenge and more minutes. Because lord knows we could use his attributes.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The Wanderers bleeding of goals is going to be their undoing.. They have hardly had an attack at goal int the second half either.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yeah - he is going with his heart he says.. I'm ok with it. It is nice to see players go through the CPL to the MLS and play with national teams.. Even if it is not ours (don't want to make a habit of it)
Yeah I guess at this point we just need to see the players progressing from CPL to bigger leagues.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Forge handed an early gift.. Wanderers need a Vancouver loss even though I am cheering for James Cameron. Getting another start at LB.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Wow - 19 year old Schiavoni just off the bench and scores his first... not just any goal, a goal that would be applauded anywhere... Super ball in from Ampomah on a well timed run and then the take down and finish from Schiavoni. Beautiful

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

Nice news to see this morning!

Niko Sigur - Wikipedia

Niko Sigur declares for Canada: Who is Jesse Marsch's new dual-national recruit for CanMNT?

What’s next, and are more coming?​

By all accounts, Sigur is a great get for Marsch and Canada Soccer CEO Kevin Blue.

Multiple sources told Kloke that Canada are targeting the October international window, when CanMNT will play Panama at BMO Field plus another yet-to-be-determined friendly, for Sigur to make his debut. Kloke reports that even if Sigur is not selected to play for Canada, he may at least join the Canadian camp to begin immersing himself in the team’s culture and Marsch’s methods.

Even if he did play in any of this fall’s friendlies, it would not cap-tie him; that requires a competitive appearance, such as in November’s CONCACAF Nations League quarter-finals.

Last month, Marsch suggested he was tracking almost 10 dual nationals who could be ready to integrate into the CanMNT fold in the short term. He even said he was using players from Canada’s leadership who have non-Canadian heritage, such as Alphonso Davies and Eustáquio, to help lead the recruitment drive.

It’s early, but it seems to be working. Sigur is the first; he almost certainly won’t be the last.

Nice to add defender/defensive mid to the pipeline.

Interesting decision considering he is playing his club football in Croatia.

Last edited:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Only knock on him is he is injury prone, but pretty surprising decision considering he 'switched' to Croatia about a year ago, though it seems he is unhappy with how long its taking him to get to the senior team especially when there is deficit at right-back (he can play DM too). Though interested to see what his next move after Hajduk is, because honestly the Croatian league is crap below Dinamo

Reactions: Tuggy

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Nice news to see this morning!

Niko Sigur - Wikipedia

Niko Sigur declares for Canada: Who is Jesse Marsch's new dual-national recruit for CanMNT?

Nice to add defender/defensive mid to the pipeline.

Interesting decision considering he is playing his club football in Croatia.

When players make these types of switches, there are usually some assurances with it.
I have had no viewings, but I will trust Marsch here. If he feels he can help, I am good with it.

We are not flush at RB or DM really. Depth is needed in both areas.

I feel we need to go really hard at Jebbison and Koleosho as well.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
NIKO SIGUR, THE VOYAGEUR 🇨🇦♥️

1724259661591.png

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Kimani Stewart-Baynes continues to work his way into the mix with Colorado. He got on in the 62nd last night in the Leagues Cup semi final.

He is a right footed, left sided attacker and not afraid to run at people with the ball. Seems to be the furthest ahead professionally of any of the U20 team.

Should also mention he is eligible to represent St. Vincent & The Grenadines.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad