Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
This one had to happen and I felt it would based on his play at the U20's. He's the furthest ahead on that Junior National Team (along with De Fougerolles who did not play).

Marsch knew the time was now with Mexico beating down the door and he brings something different to the attack. Has some Osorio in him but probably even more dynamic. Play more towards the front of the pitch to give us a different look.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Canadians in the EFL of note. Millar went 89 for Hull in a match they subbed out most of their other creative players well before him. I did not see the match so unsure how it went.

Tom McGill got a much-needed win and a clean sheet for Mk Dons against Carlisle. First win of the year and he seems to be nailed on as their number 1, having started all league games and the #2 got the Carabao loss.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Let's go!!

1. Love seeing Adekugbe back.
2. Santi Lopez was invited to train, was he not? I was hoping he would be in although I am not arguing with the roster. 26 player roster would have been nice.
3. Sucks that Kone is out but we need him healthy.
4. Hoilett, Ugbo, Hiebert, Piette, McGill, Tajon, De Fougerolles and Russell Rowe are out for various reasons.
5. Welcome to the newcomers Sigur and Afrifa!!

Reactions: Tuggy

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Looking forward to seeing the newcomers.
Yes - also, I really feel De Fougerolles is a way better option to back up Bombito than Waterman.. I would like to understand why this choice is being made. Waterman is a good soldier but he's playing (and struggling) in a back 3 with Montreal.

We are still short on centerback depth, even though we are very fortunate to have the Bombito and Corndog pairing.

Schilte-Brown may have the most upside of the U20 team. I would like to see Pearlman get some run with TFC, maybe he will tonight. Punt Gomis back to the French lower leagues.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Ryan Gauld got the call to Scotland so any thoughts of him joining Canada should be gone now. It was a longshot anyway and our focus has to be on younger players.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Tough L for Forge last night. They played well over the 2 legs and probably should have come away with more then a +1 goal differential from the first game.

Herdman didn't shake Bobby's hand which seemed strange to me. I didn't there was any actual beef there.

Reactions: sabremike

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Tough L for Forge last night. They played well over the 2 legs and probably should have come away with more then a +1 goal differential from the first game.

Herdman didn't shake Bobby's hand which seemed strange to me. I didn't there was any actual beef there.
Pitiful from John. The only thing I can think of is that Bobby was having words with Insigne and maybe they thought Forge was instigating some stuff.

Both games last night were pretty one sided which is to be expected when the MLS teams are home. Neither side could finish. Pacific actually had some chances but just refused to shoot and when they did... it was without an ounce of confidence.

I can't say enough about my disgust with the use of Ahmed.. I wish he was on a plane with Choiniere.. Any Euro league will suffice.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Pitiful from John. The only thing I can think of is that Bobby was having words with Insigne and maybe they thought Forge was instigating some stuff.
Yeah I guess that could be it. Seemed pretty clear that Insigne was the one who started that interaction imo.

Been meaning to catch up on the Pacific game. Judging by their recent form It was always a long shot for them to win. Glad to hear they put up a fight.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Oh wow didn't realize how bad Pacific's form actually was. I knew its been a poor stretch but they now find themselves at the bottom of the table....

Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 12.31.19 PM.png

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Oh wow didn't realize how bad Pacific's form actually was. I knew its been a poor stretch but they now find themselves at the bottom of the table....

View attachment 903656
Yeah - pretty amazing they were in the semi final and still in with a shout. Greco Taylor was on the bench last night but didn't get in. He has a really good passing range with his left foot but they played with wing backs last night which really isn't his thing.

Adekugbe was used as a winger last night. Interesting.. he does create.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

TFC getting favorable reffing in the Canadian Cup... what else is new?

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Ike Ugbo had a goal and assist yesterday in a cup win over Grimsby.

I just watched Jebbison play 45 minutes for the Cherries and get yanked off for Evanilson. My advice? Link up with Canada while they still want you. (Maybe kick start your career by playing well with us). I could easily see a loan deal to a Championship side... He does not look like he fits the Cherries game as a 9.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad