Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
TFC on a home town discount?
Would be nice.

Guatemala playing the USA pretty tight. US are sloppy so far on a very dry, hard pitch. Conditions have been just shit in Mexico.

Update, Guatemala had a 90th minute pen.. save. USA win 1-0.

Canada need to win tonight to qualify for Chile and face this USA team.

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Panama are on the front foot and Canada is going to have to really use the wingers on forward runs.. try to catch Panama on the break.

Fortunate to be no score through 24.

As a write this Lopez to Badwal and then Morgan somehow misses the cross.

Mathe surprisingly starts over Schilte Brown who has started every game but the squad is pretty deep so I don't mind it. Bunbury not available tonight and not sure why.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Half over.. going to come down to personnel. Love Stewart Baynes directness. Pretty much a nothing half for Morgan and Dumitru. They will be the first to come off.

Biello and Badwal doing what is asked of them. Greco Taylor will need to be careful on a yellow with Mosquera looking to go at him all the time.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
More loose play led to a quick counter, Mathe recovers and makes a desperate but not rash challenge. Not rash at all. Red, pen and a goal. Seems to be ridiculously unlucky especially since Herbert got his shot and he missed by a mile. Foul came after.

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Have to believe that Schilte Brown is unavailable too.. Chukwu came on for Rigo..

Cameron is in the back line. 4-3-2 now

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
More loose play led to a quick counter, Mathe recovers and makes a desperate but not rash challenge. Not rash at all. Red, pen and a goal. Seems to be ridiculously unlucky especially since Herbert got his shot and he missed by a mile. Foul came after.
The giveaway that lead to that was so frustrated. Not a red in my books but I get the pen call.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The giveaway that lead to that was so frustrated. Not a red in my books but I get the pen call.
Yeah - the giveaway was so unnecessary.

I do not know how the hell Lopez is not told he's coming off at the break ... feels amateurish..

I also feel he's capable of magic and drilling a pen. Diallo has a really good pedigree - Olivieri has not given him decent usage at all. Little Cameo's

Reactions: robertmac43

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Definitely thought so but i guess that's CONCACAF for you.

Screamer of a goal though, my goodness.
Great shot.

I think Biello strained his hamstring on that half way attempt.. So he gets hurt trying a ridiculous attempt... I don't fully understand what is happening here tonight. Did some players get the flu? Ciccarelli has been our sparkplug and tonight and Olivieri is not even considering him until there is no time left?

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Saldana gets a red, maybe a little to late for us to make it count.

The fact that you can hear everything being yelled on the pitch is kind of funny.

This is a joke.... Panama is embarrassing.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
This team was capable of winning the whole event. Not just qualifying for Chile.

So needless to say, I am unbelievably disappointed. Started with poor game management of the Honduras game. Discipline.. strange usage of players.

This was not a pen in my eyes.
The poor, poor discipline..Had my fill of Olivieri

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad