Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
can't help but think about portugal at the most recent men's Euros as i watch canada be far more fluid offensively now that the icon who absolutely couldn't be dropped has retired

(sinclair obviously did not have cr7 ego, and was also okay coming off the bench in her last tournament, it's just a thought that popped into my head as canada look pretty good today)

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Linda Caicedo is so dangerous on the counter. Colombia has had many decent attacks but their final shots have been straight at the keeper.

Lucky for Canada.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
can't help but think about portugal at the most recent men's Euros as i watch canada be far more fluid offensively now that the icon who absolutely couldn't be dropped has retired

(sinclair obviously did not have cr7 ego, and was also okay coming off the bench in her last tournament, it's just a thought that popped into my head as canada look pretty good today)
I know changes don't happen this quickly but they also look better without Bev at the helm.

More expressive and attacking minded.

Reactions: Blender

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
A good first 20 minutes but a bit too passive since and some general miscues.

How was that a card on Leon :laugh:

But yeah, it's a very tough match to watch. There's no tactical reason for Colombia to send players up the pitch since they are pretty much content with a draw. There's little opportunity for Canada to really break out on any counter. Quinn is a huge miss in midfield which is hindering our ability to possess the ball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad