Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
200.webp

Let's GOOOOOO

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I am so proud of this team, what an amazing feat.

To overturn a 6 point penalty and sweep the group 3-0 in order to advance is a massive achievement. Regardless of what else happens in this tournament, they proved they are a top team.

Beyond the simple mathematical challenge of going 3-0 is the emotional and mental challenge. Very impressive.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Once again, the players come in clutch and pretty much bail out the program. Hopefully the Soccer Canada execs can stop screwing around.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I am so proud of this team, what an amazing feat.

To overturn a 6 point penalty and sweep the group 3-0 in order to advance is a massive achievement. Regardless of what else happens in this tournament, they proved they are a top team.

Not really. We already knew they were a top team coming into the Olympics. I'm happy they overcame the odds to advance past the round robin, but they have to probably at least make the finals to prove that the gold medal at the last Olympics wasn't due to cheating.

• Haha
Reactions: JimmyApples

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Canadian team gonna be booed the rest of the tournament so we should start relishing in it lol

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Not really. We already knew they were a top team coming into the Olympics. I'm happy they overcame the odds to advance past the round robin, but they have to probably at least make the finals to prove that the gold medal at the last Olympics wasn't due to cheating.

That's ridiculous.

There are a lot of good teams out there.

If Germany is next, they are ranked 4th in the world.

I assume we end up 2nd in the group thanks to the CSA so it will be a tougher road.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Nah, we definitely didn't. The 2021 gold was a 'grind your way to the top' gold - they haven't been reliably a top team since the mid-2010s.

Reactions: Blender

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
That's ridiculous.

There are a lot of good teams out there.

If Germany is next, they are ranked 4th in the world.

Well I mean, that's the point. There's a lot of good teams out there and it could be perceived that Canada needed to cheat to win gold in 2020. Otherwise, they may not have won without doing so.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Nah, we definitely didn't. The 2021 gold was a 'grind your way to the top' gold - they haven't been reliably a top team since the mid-2010s.

They won bronze in the previous two Olympics, one in which they should have taken down USA in the semifinals if not for garbage officiating. They've been pretty good for a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad