Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Canada Soccer literally can’t get out of its own way… even with getting the WC, having a golden generation of talent they just can’t stop the scandals.

If both the men and women's teams have been doing this for years as alleged than even the success of the last few years becomes tainted. They flat out cheated.

• Haha
Reactions: al secord

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
We just had Jesse Marsch say after Copa that he wants more international duals to sign up for Canada. Good f***ing luck with that now with this shit show. Who the f*** will want to play for this organization

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I should also say this:

If you’re gonna cheat, as I’m sure all teams do to some degree to gain an advantage, don’t fly drones to do it lol.

Reactions: al secord

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

Also the most funniest chirp is how the Canadian federation can't afford to pay their players but can afford drones.

From said article

Some staff and contractors were told the filming was part of their jobs and that they could lose their positions with the federation if they did not go along with the demands, one of the sources said in a series of interviews with TSN on Wednesday and Thursday.

“In a couple of scenarios, people have been pushed and have been told, ‘You have to give 110 percent and this is part of the job so if you don’t feel comfortable with doing this, you do not have a place on the team’,” the source said. “It’s not something that’s talked about and it’s not something there are a lot of text messages about because of how sensitive this is. Some of the people who have had to do the filming or review the filming have said to a few staff members how uncomfortable it was for them.”

Ouch

Both sources said there is a lot to be learned from filming an opponent’s practice.

“You get to know their formations, their starting lineup,” one of the sources said. “You also look at who is taking a penalty kick and their set pieces.”

“Most people see this as cheating, which it is,” one of the sources said. “Some of our coaches just see it as a competitive advantage and justify it by saying everyone does it, which is also not true. Not everyone cheats and neither should we.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: robertmac43

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Very lucky..

Too disgusted to really say much right now. Didn't enjoy the win today at all.

The only positive is Bev is gone..
I hate to say it but I think Herdman is probably responsible for most of this. Likely started it when he was managing the women then brought it over to the men’s team. Priestman being his long time assistant probably just continued it once he left.

Reactions: al secord and Tuggy

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
she might as well be fired but we yanks had the same thing where we suspended berhalter pending investigation. he was later cleared to return. doubt priestman returns

Reactions: PanniniClaus

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
Bev Priestman needs to be fired by soccer Canada Canada reputation is diminished with Priestman still on the team as coach

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
She'll be fired. I just feel bad for the players. Now they're talking about stripping them of their Gold medal.
They’re probably pressuring her to resign so that they don’t have to pay out the remainder of her contract if she’s fired.

Reactions: maclean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad