Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
All I wanna ask is who's the idiot that injured Buchanan?

Because of it we were stuck with this Millar guy. I rather play with 10 than have him on the field. The final third execution has been poor all tournament long. This is a major concern. If we wanna be a top 20 team we can't be so poor in our creativity and finishing.

I'm all in behind Colombia but Uruguay looks like they'll win it all and are just unbreakable.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

Because of it we were stuck with this Millar guy. I rather play with 10 than have him on the field. The final third execution has been poor all tournament long. This is a major concern. If we wanna be a top 20 team we can't be so poor in our creativity and finishing.

I'm all in behind Colombia but Uruguay looks like they'll win it all and are just unbreakable.
I don't think Millar was all that bad, but the result was pretty much a foregone conclusion by the time he subbed in.

Well - proud none the less and I hope Argentina win it and De Paul gets caved in by someone.
He'd probably just hop right back up as if it was nothing.

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
I think we witnessed a culmination of lack of rotation of the top guys throughout the tournament. We looked bagged tonight. David is normally great at coming back but didn’t have that same commitment tonight. Add in a short resting period, ugly humidity, hostile crowd, boggy pitch, and tilted reffing and it couldn’t have been very pleasant.

Our offence will come eventually but it needs to be our number one focus now. Ironic to think we went into the tournament more worried about our defence.

I’m hoping we get Colombia in the third place match. Uruguay is even dirtier than Argentina and the refs will undoubtedly favour the CONMEBOL squad again.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Like I said he’s a master at what he does. He’s great at drawing contact and gettting deserved fouls. He’s been doing this for years it won’t change because a few fans get frustrated and not understand what’s actually happening. He protects the ball very well and draws in fouls. Does he stay on the ground far too long and exaggerates his pain yes and that’s his point. He also won’t be on the team in 2 years, not starting I don’t think anyway.
Lol

Reactions: Pink Mist

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006

No question this is where Marsch now needs to make his gains.

Not sure why Russell Rowe was so far down the pecking order but he's 21.

Hoping Hoilett can still be a factor until 26.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I don't think Millar was all that bad, but the result was pretty much a foregone conclusion by the time he subbed in.

He'd probably just hop right back up as if it was nothing.

Millar has been our worst player in this tournament. He can't shoot, can't pass, can't cross, can't dribble, can't finish. I was at public gathering and everybody kept cussing him out. I have to hear what do people seen in him

No question is where Marsch now needs to make his gains.

Not sure why Russell Rowe was so far down the pecking order but he's 21.

Hoping Hoilett can still be a factor until 26.

Marsch made some very questionable substitutions tonight because his man management was below average in this tournament. David, Davies, Laryea, Staq, Shaff were all out by the 75th minute and they're literally our 5 best players.

Staq and David were gassed out having played every single minutes and guess who we've never seen? Piette and Bair

I hope to see Waterman, Piette, Bair for our last game because we need to see who can we count on. Tani is decent but not good enough to be our 1st striker off the bench. Staq can't play all the games 90 minutes and Bombito is as clumsy as it gets

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Millar has been our worst player in this tournament. He can't shoot, can't pass, can't cross, can't dribble, can't finish. I was at public gathering and everybody kept cussing him out. I have to hear what do people seen in him

Marsch made some very questionable substitutions tonight because his man management was below average in this tournament. David, Davies, Laryea, Staq, Shaff were all out by the 75th minute and they're literally our 5 best players.

Staq and David were just gassed having played every single minutes and guess who we've never seen? Piette and Bair

I hope to see Waterman, Piette, Bair for our last game because we need to see who can we count on. Tani is decent but not good enough to be our 1st striker off the bench. Staq can't play all the games 90 minutes and Bombito is as clumsy as it gets
Pete - I think you and I see the game differently... and that's ok. We aren't all the same.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Millar is trash.
David has been brutal but he works hard.
Larin is very inconsistent.

Canada best player has been Shaffelburg, Crépeau and Johnston. Canada did better than most people anticipated but at the same time I get the feeling they have been fortunate the whole tournament as they clearly lacked any type of finishing.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What a tiring drive. Worth it though. Had a blast. Just wish the boys created more.

No matter. Still proud of the team and the ride they took us on.
One of those games that shows the levels between the two sides. Argentina took their chance and managed the game from there on out.

We had some chances and moments in good space but just lacked the quality or the decision making in the final third to get things done.

Reactions: al secord

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Who said this lol?

They celebrate for 90 mins… stop it.

Yeah buddy sure there was one team in this. The ref was fine. Everyone just nitpicking out of frustration. Expecting perfection?

Sure… another Madrid fan.

I mean you lot have your fair share. RDP is a master at what he does. Today he was my motm. Wouldn’t change a single thing about him. Been his terrible hair and horrid technical abilities at times.

Honestly this was more showing Canada’s level as a opposed to a masterclass by Scaloni or Argentina. Canada had trouble making simple shots, passes and crosses. This really shows how far behind they are. Every time they had the ball I just expected them to pass to an Argentine.

David simply isn’t good enough. How he has bagged 20 goals in France is beyond me. The other Davies every time I watch I come away with “that’s it”? I don’t see a WC player I see a decent FB who relies far too much on being a gifted athlete than a footballer. Since burning the 2nd worst FB Barca had in Semedo, I just don’t get it with him and the hype.

Uruguay should beat us in the final. I beginning to think ADM and Messi can’t start together. There’s no pressing. Alvarez was mammoth but can he do this every game to cover for both oldies? Not sure. The rest of the players were good to decent. Montiel won a starting spot in the final. Enzo looked great today consider how bad he has been this tournament. RDP was a beast as I said earlier my motm. That trident of MartinezX2 and Cuti is the only shot we have against Uruguay they’ll be hard to beat but can Argentina score?

No one is forcing this clown to watch. Whoever this idiot who kicked the ball into RDP is playing right into his hands. I bet RDP has it on replay smiling at a job well done. I know I am.

Copa America thread is elsewhere my friend. Get out of here with your trolling and garbage takes

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
One of those games that shows the levels between the two sides. Argentina took their chance and managed the game from there on out.

We had some chances and moments in good space but just lacked the quality or the decision making in the final third to get things done.
Argentina's passing was precise and Messi seemed possessed in the first half. There's a reason they're the top ranked nation. Canada seemed to be reactive to everything.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Yeah it was clear they are a level above us. We needed to be perfect and get some luck along the way. Neither happened.
I'm not sure Ecuador or Columbia will have much more success Argentina looked awful when they played Ecuador and still managed to sneak by.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I wouldn’t be surprised if the USMNT interviews Herdman now that Berhalter is out.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I really want Colombia to go the finals but I have this feeling we won't face Uruguay this Saturday...

Uruguay are like URSS in the 70s atm. Just sturdy

I wouldn’t be surprised if the USMNT interviews Herdman now that Berhalter is out.

I'd love that. It'd bring that rivalry to a whole new level. American coaching Canada and a 'Canadian' coaching the US.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I really want Colombia to go the finals but I have this feeling we won't face Uruguay this Saturday...

Uruguay are like URSS in the 70s atm. Just sturdy

I'd love that. It'd bring that rivalry to a whole new level. American coaching Canada and a 'Canadian' coaching the US.

Did my best to not jinx :laugh:

Canada vs Uruguay Saturday that is

Luis Suarez is one player I truly despise if we can send him to retirement I'd be very happy on Saturday

Feelings aside what a mistake by Bielsa to not bring him on at Ht

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad