Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Jesse's mistake was to not properly rotate his bench. Now all of our guys are beat.

I hope he gives his bench their opportunity tmrw.

My f*** it lineup

Tani
Larin Choinière Ahmed
Oso Kone
Laryea Cornelius Ldf Aj
Crepeau

Jo and Shaff to enter at Ht

Bair for Tani later in the game

Garbage minutes for Piette no matter the score. This could be the 2nd major competition he wouldn't see the field and hes been in the mix for a decade and drama-free. He doesn't deserve this.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Jesse's mistake was to not properly rotate his bench. Now all of our guys are beat.

I hope he gives his bench their opportunity tmrw.

My f*** it lineup

Tani
Larin Choinière Ahmed
Oso Kone
Laryea Cornelius Ldf Aj
Crepeau

Jo and Shaff to enter at Ht

Bair for Tani later in the game

Garbage minutes for Piette no matter the score. This could be the 2nd major competition he wouldn't see the field and hes been in the mix for a decade and drama-free. He doesn't deserve this.
I think everything depends on health of Davies and perhaps what sports science says about a couple others.

If he plays a true two up front he could play Tani with Larin. JD has been our worst regular and I don't know what that is down to. He may just be burned right now. That is only if Marsch has trust in Tani adhering to the structure he has set out defensively. David will generally work but he missed out on closing down De Paul on goal one.

I don't know what he will do on the wing. I don't. I would not be one bit upset if he gave Ahmed a chance but again, it's his trust in the defensive duties. He seems to really trust Laryea and Millar and is willing to live with Shaff as he's such a direct and positive player.

I don't see how he doesn't go with Kone and Stach. Eustaquio is showing some signs of wear but it's hard to see him benched.

If he stays with a back 4 (which i like) he could go with Laryea at LB which could put Millar and Shaff starting with Ahmed later. I would say its Corn/Bombito/AJ otherwise.

Miller is left footed but he would be pretty pedestrian for a LB. Fouge at 18 years of age seems to be here to learn.

Creps in goal.

I agree that it would be nice to see Piette play some. Good solider.

I also don't fully agree that it was a mistake to not rotate.. the only teams that did either had a free hit (won two games in the group) or changed a player or two. Starting lineups were pretty much the same for Uruguay and Columbia.

Some younger players will have to earn trust and maybe we can do more at the Gold Cup. I feel there is a big gap from Corn/Bombito, to the likes of Miller, Hiebert and Waterman.

3rd place games are often useless but I think both teams will want this one.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I think everything depends on health of Davies and perhaps what sports science says about a couple others.

If he plays a true two up front he could play Tani with Larin. JD has been our worst regular and I don't know what that is down to. He may just be burned right now. That is only if Marsch has trust in Tani adhering to the structure he has set out defensively. David will generally work but he missed out on closing down De Paul on goal one.

I don't know what he will do on the wing. I don't. I would not be one bit upset if he gave Ahmed a chance but again, it's his trust in the defensive duties. He seems to really trust Laryea and Millar and is willing to live with Shaff as he's such a direct and positive player.

I don't see how he doesn't go with Kone and Stach. Eustaquio is showing some signs of wear but it's hard to see him benched.

If he stays with a back 4 (which i like) he could go with Laryea at LB which could put Millar and Shaff starting with Ahmed later. I would say its Corn/Bombito/AJ otherwise.

Miller is left footed but he would be pretty pedestrian for a LB. Fouge at 18 years of age seems to be here to learn.

Creps in goal.

I agree that it would be nice to see Piette play some. Good solider.

I also don't fully agree that it was a mistake to not rotate.. the only teams that did either had a free hit (won two games in the group) or changed a player or two. Starting lineups were pretty much the same for Uruguay and Columbia.

Some younger players will have to earn trust and maybe we can do more at the Gold Cup. I feel there is a big gap from Corn/Bombito, to the likes of Miller, Hiebert and Waterman.

3rd place games are often useless but I think both teams will want this one.

Copa games are super draining especially with the way we play adding the intense training the team's had. I understand that you can't play all your players but gotta work with what you have no matter the result. Taking out Staq and David at the 75th mark for Peru and Chile would have been beneficial.

I believe that Uruguay lost their game partly because of fatigue just like us. Fatigue leads to poor first touches, no efficiency in the final third, miscommunication, not properly close down on players.

Uruguay only looked threatening once Suarez got in. Despite being up a man for more than a half they were getting beat in duals . It was embarrassing.

Jesse used 4 subs out of 5 in most of the games. Mind you our game against Peru probably counts for 2 or 3 games. Jesse said himself the players were tired after 15 minutes against Argentina.

In our last game, David, Staq, Shaff, Laryea and Davies (injury) were out by the 70th. They are our 5 best players.

With better man management we could've relied on them for 90 minutes in a crucial SF game...

I hope he'll learn from this mistake

Last edited:
Reactions: PanniniClaus

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Copa games are super draining especially with the way we play adding the intense training the team's had. I understand that you can't play all your players but gotta work with what you have no matter the result. Taking out Staq and David at the 75th mark for Peru and Chile would have been beneficial.

I believe that Uruguay lost their game partly because of fatigue just like us. Fatigue leads to poor first touches, no efficiency in the final third, miscommunication, not properly close down on players.

Uruguay only looked threatening once Suarez got in. Despite being up a man for more than a half they were getting beat in duals . It was embarrassing.

Jesse used 4 subs out of 5 in most of the games. Mind you our game against Peru probably counts for 2 or 3 games. Jesse said himself the players were tired after 15 minutes against Argentina.

In our last game, David, Staq, Shaff, Laryea and Davies (injury) were out by the 70th. They are our 5 best players.

With better man management we could've relied on them for 90 minutes in a crucial SF game...

I hope he'll learn from this mistake
Pete - he rung in the changes

Interesting looking team. Excited to see some of the newer faces get a longer run in the game.
I am too. Makes it even more exciting.

We have a chance at a medal and we are going with a B team.
I'm a bit surprised but on the other hand... big big chances for some others.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Pete - he rung in the changes

I am too. Makes it even more exciting.

I'm a bit surprised but on the other hand... big big chances for some others.

Yeah my f*** it lineup is pretty much on point. Only thing I disagree is benching Crepeau. He's got a chance for the Golden Glove.

I'm not a big Bombito fan but he's okay just way too shaky.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Jesus Christ.. We've handled set pieces pretty well but that was free and then Betancur is allowed to turn and shoot. They get one foray down the field. goal

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
May I add that taking both Larin and Corn out weakens our corner defending. Larin has been terrific defending in his own box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad