Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#FinalScore:qAtAr(2-0)cAnAdA

1664028609938.png

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

The tweet sucks but the goal is incredible

I was coming here to post this exact thing.

Fifa has now picked it out as well;

Going to pick this one up, currently 5 dollars off and a portion of the money goes to charity!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Let's go!

Buchanan expected to get a run out in this one.

Wait what? Canada is playing Uruguay in Bratislava? Damn, if I had known about that (and wasn't broke while also swamped with work and in general perpetually imprisoned by the overwhelming precarity of the late-capitalist landscape) I would've made a trip of that, taken the kids!

Any particular reason two teams from the Americas are meeting in the almost-heart of Europe?

edit: i guess it makes some sense bc of a lot of players being on european teams

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't know how the rest of you feel, but it really feels like this off feild stuff between the players and soccer Canada killed alot of my good vibes.

It's so frustrating because we are approaching a time of celebration, but it just feels like a dubious dark cloud is blocking the view.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Wait what? Canada is playing Uruguay in Bratislava? Damn, if I had known about that (and wasn't broke while also swamped with work and in general perpetually imprisoned by the overwhelming precarity of the late-capitalist landscape) I would've made a trip of that, taken the kids!

Any particular reason two teams from the Americas are meeting in the almost-heart of Europe?

edit: i guess it makes some sense bc of a lot of players being on european teams

Yeah a bunch of teams are having camps in Europe and friendlies.

Reactions: maclean

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't know how the rest of you feel, but it really feels like this off feild stuff between the players and soccer Canada killed alot of my good vibes.

It's so frustrating because we are approaching a time of celebration, but it just feels like a dubious dark cloud is blocking the view.
I waffle between pure excitement and the dark cloud you are talking about daily. On one hand, this is the first Canada WC in my lifetime and I'm in a fortunate position where I'm able to go to the games life; on the other, there is the looming Canada Soccer Business troubles, lack of kit respect from Nike, and a long list of Human rights issues with Qatar....

I really don't know how to feel some times.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Uruguay scores 5 minutes in from a free kick outside the box...foul committed by Kamal Miller.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Borjan comes WAY off his line to clear a ball after another giveaway. A couple bad ones so far.

He's down on the pitch right now.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Is OneSoccer showing the Fox Deportes stream? Or did they get back up?

This is dicey and looks like it could really get away from us. We look vulnerable while defending.

We need something positive on the offensive side; decent possession but not genereating anything.

Also, I felt that call on Miller was bs.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Looking decent since the stream came on. A couple of rough moments at the back, but other than that we look alright.

I really like what Herdman has done with Davies in this window. A little more central with the freedom to move adds another level of dynamism moving forward.

Reactions: wingman75

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Looking decent since the stream came on. A couple of rough moments at the back, but other than that we look alright.

I really like what Herdman has done with Davies in this window. A little more central with the freedom to move adds another level of dynamism moving forward.
Totally agree, he is moving more freely. I find when he is not in that position he gets out of whack and hesitates.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Make it 2-0...Canada's defense not looking good.

Defense was never their strength. The team isn't fit to play a safe/conservative game or control the midfield. This will become apparant against quality teams.

Reactions: Tuggy

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Sloppy from David there. Need more quality in the final third.

Larin needs to pull the trigger sooner.....

Reactions: Peen

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Piette or Jonston may be an issue yeah....that marking and jumping ability hasn't been there.

Canada coming on strong here..Davies really creating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad