Can we pick a new goal song?

What should our new goal song be?

• Total voters

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I'm fine with that until you get to the "EVERYBODY!!!!" part... yuck!

Drew: well Randy, looks like 7435 people just shit their pants.
Randy: Brought to you by Tahoe Blue Vodka, shit your pants like a real Shark fan with Tahoe Blue
What if they just play a “brown note” when there’s a goal?

• Haha
Reactions: landshark

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I'm fine with that until you get to the "EVERYBODY!!!!" part... yuck!

Drew: well Randy, looks like 7435 people just shit their pants.
Randy: Brought to you by Tahoe Blue Vodka, shit your pants like a real Shark fan with Tahoe Blue
Prob more like Tahoe Brown at that point

• Haha

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007

this is the one

True story, during USA-ENG World Cup in 2010, we got an entire English pub to sing Country Roads right before kickoff, not realizing it was basically the US anthem for us. Once the Aussies in the pub realized it, they sang much louder with us and doubled down at the second half kickoff. Nobody likes the English except the English. Great moment in time, and this song was the reason.

Not necessarily any connection to San Jose though. I dunno, all goal songs seem to suck these days. I'm fine with sticking with HEY!

• Haha
Reactions: sharski and slocal

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
True story, during USA-ENG World Cup in 2010, we got an entire English pub to sing Country Roads right before kickoff, not realizing it was basically the US anthem for us. Once the Aussies in the pub realized it, they sang much louder with us and doubled down at the second half kickoff. Nobody likes the English except the English. Great moment in time, and this song was the reason.

Not necessarily any connection to San Jose though. I dunno, all goal songs seem to suck these days. I'm fine with sticking with HEY!
Take Me Home Coutry Roads is one of my least favorite songs of all time, next to Walking on Sunshine and Venus

Medinab31

Apr 12, 2016
So cal
I agree 💯 changing the goal song after accidentally seeing the music video of our goal song and seeing a kings beanie 🤢 someone should start a petition.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose

I think this would be a great goal song

The only thing that feels weird is that it is from the 98 soccer world cup and using it for hockey feels odd even though no specific sport is mentioned in the lyrics.
I dunno....

Ricky Martin has done things much, much worse than Gary Glitter.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Some number of years back, this was played in the rotation of break-in-play songs for a few weeks. Never understood why it didn't get a look when they auditioned new goal songs.

Start point would be 1:09. Feels like it'd be too good a fit to ever actually get a shot.

I’ll f’n take it. Just change our goal song. I got so pumped thinking about next season and opening night with my brothers, only to be slightly disappointed, knowing that we have the stupidest goal song in the league.

Reactions: DG93

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I’ll f’n take it. Just change our goal song. I got so pumped thinking about next season and opening night with my brothers, only to be slightly disappointed, knowing that we have the stupidest goal song in the league.
uhhh... I feel like it's going to be hard to be worse than "Panama" for the Leafs. I don't get it at all...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad