Can we pick a new goal song?

What should our new goal song be?

• Total voters

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
For reference.
Thank you! Get this jock jam crap the hell out..Yeah, and a new goal horn while you’re at it..Thing sounds like a real goal horn with low batteries..I hate it all I tell ya! Really at the end of the day, it is what it is. I care more about the team obviously. I do really like Edmonton and Dallas’s goal horns. Loud. Obnoxious. I hate hearing it when playing those teams.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I second this...use the most aggressive na na na part for the crowd to join in on
If I could choose a cut, it'd be from 1:38 with the guitar riff and ending around 2:00-2:10 with the "na na na"s

More, gimme more, gimme more!"

Oh let me tell you 'bout the sad man"
Shut up and let me see your jazz hands
Remember when you were a mad man
Thought you was Batman
And hit the party with a gas can?
Kiss me, you animal!

(Na, na na na, na na na)

although some of those "na na na"s are kinda explicit but could probably cut some so it ends with
(Na, na na na, na na na) Keep your apology
Give us more...

Reactions: one2gamble and DG93

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Remember when they tried to pick another goal song and all of them sucked?

Keep the one we have
I have nightmares of the "Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks" LMFAO option.
Thank you! Get this jock jam crap the hell out..Yeah, and a new goal horn while you’re at it..Thing sounds like a real goal horn with low batteries..I hate it all I tell ya! Really at the end of the day, it is what it is. I care more about the team obviously. I do really like Edmonton and Dallas’s goal horns. Loud. Obnoxious. I hate hearing it when playing those teams.
The horn is supposed to mimic a fog horn, and is itself a horn used on aircraft carriers. It's iconic

Reactions: slocal

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Judging by this thread, lets not let the fans decide. :laugh:

Optionally, bring back the player-specific goal songs. Weren't those a thing for a while before covid? I remember Couture's was Girls Just Want To Have Fun, wasn't it?

Besides, save these threads for August! :sarcasm:

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ

Optionally, bring back the player-specific goal songs. Weren't those a thing for a while before covid? I remember Couture's was Girls Just Want To Have Fun, wasn't it?

Jumbo scoring goals and having "Radio Gaga" play was one of the most melancholy and surreal things I've ever seen, truly bizarre

• Love
Reactions: Shark Finn

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024

Agreed. One thing about a goal song is it has to be universal to all fans and a lot of these are....not.

I would actually like if the Sharks were going to do a better goal song to break out from the mold of trying to be like everybody else and look for a song that has a lot of "Hey" or "Yeah" stuff. I understand why people and teams want to have that stuff in their goal song cause it gets the crowd chanting along, but if you go that route, I'd say try to be a little bit clever with it. Looking through the entire league's list of goal songs, I would say I thought probably fewer than five were actually good and most of them were eye-roll worthy. I'd probably rather have players choose their own goal songs over most of them.

Unfortunately, there really isn't anything that ties in with either San Jose or sharks in a way that either works for a goal song or wouldn't get annoying super quick.

Reactions: Shark Finn

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
If I could choose a cut, it'd be from 1:38 with the guitar riff and ending around 2:00-2:10 with the "na na na"s

More, gimme more, gimme more!"

Oh let me tell you 'bout the sad man"
Shut up and let me see your jazz hands
Remember when you were a mad man
Thought you was Batman
And hit the party with a gas can?
Kiss me, you animal!

(Na, na na na, na na na)

although some of those "na na na"s are kinda explicit but could probably cut some so it ends with
(Na, na na na, na na na) Keep your apology
Give us more...
I voted for this last time, Im still for it. Its f***in corny, its catchy, its easy. It borderline sounds like kids teasing each other.

Could there be cooler choices....sure. But its mostly a tune that is non offensive and I promise you the crowd will chant right along with it. I think it would need an "edit" which may be the issue.

They will want a "nor cal" artist if possible. It would need to be somewhat "friendly" or at least "radio" friendly.

Honestly, if Macklin signs I would do this. Start a new era completely. New Goal Song, New Shark Head, New Kit. Lean into it.

Last edited:

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
If we are doing Stan Bush

already posted ;)

there has been literally no bad suggestions posted yet

They need to add all of these cards to their goal song deck this season
I'd honestly be ok with having a goal song album every year. Maybe goal 1 is aways the same song, goal 2, etc. Or maybe it changes based on the game. Either way, sign me up. I'd take a rotation of these over our lame ass song.

Reactions: sharski

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008

Admittedly a weird biased suggestion and some editing might be needed for timing, but this part is catchy and high energy, while the "bun, bun, bun" and "fu! fu!" parts have troll potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,050.00