Can we pick a new goal song?

What should our new goal song be?

• Total voters

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
For reference.
They list 2 Unlimited's "get ready for this" but it still feels like Gary Glitter... the wind up to the "heys" seems different than 2 Unlimited. I'm sure they're trying to distance themselves from Gary Glitter, but they're not really...

Rock and Roll part 2

Get Ready for This

I think it used to be "R&R pt 2" and they changed it allegedly to "Get Ready for This" but I'm kinda skeptical that they're not using "R*&R pt 2."

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
San Jose is pretty Mexican.

Sharks have been embracing it a bit more lately, with the Cali Fin jersey rollout and Tiburones merch.
my ex (from Mexico) would have been offended by suggesting Mexican = Mariachi. It’s like saying USA = Country Music.

But I’d be down for a good mariachi goal song. She was annoying anyway.

Also, SJ is predominantly Asian now.

• Haha
Reactions: tiburon12

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
there are enough nor~cal artists there is something that can be chosen. The Sharks just need to have the guts to do so.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

I still remember when they were auditioning various songs last time… I’m pretty sure I was at a game that they tried this one.

• Haha
Reactions: landshark

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
GIMME YOUR HEART, MAKE IT REAL!

Holy shit, I was kidding, but Smooth would actually be killer

A danceable rock song that's also an annoying meme?

Perfect
I’d be down for Smooth. I want something with some energy that’s also just a good, fun song. I really enjoyed Saginaw’s Whitney Houston goal song during the Mem Cup.

Reactions: weastern bias

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I’d be down for Smooth. I want something with some energy that’s also just a good, fun song. I really enjoyed Saginaw’s Whitney Houston goal song during the Mem Cup.
I think it being "fun" is super important

Whenever a team goes for something "cool" or "intimidating" it always ends up being super cringe

I actually really liked Toronto doing Hall and Oates, it was so dumb and so fun, sure I like Panama is a way more as a song, but way, way less as a goal song

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think it being "fun" is super important

Whenever a team goes for something "cool" or "intimidating" it always ends up being super cringe

I actually really liked Toronto doing Hall and Oates, it was so dumb and so fun, sure I like Panama is a way more as a song, but way, way less as a goal song
Totally agree. A goal song should make you want to get up and celebrate. Trying to be cool is just cringe, fun is always fun.

Daisycutter

Dec 20, 2006

I think this would be a great goal song

The only thing that feels weird is that it is from the 98 soccer world cup and using it for hockey feels odd even though no specific sport is mentioned in the lyrics.
I dunno....

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'd vote for The Touch but I'm biased for reasons that are blatantly obvious from the choice of video posted.

But if we're going for random fun song in the vein of Saginaw using I wanna Dance with Somebody, hear me out on this:

It's maybe not quite high energy enough, but whatever. Use the chorus.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I'd vote for The Touch but I'm biased for reasons that are blatantly obvious from the choice of video posted.

But if we're going for random fun song in the vein of Saginaw using I wanna Dance with Somebody, hear me out on this:

It's maybe not quite high energy enough, but whatever. Use the chorus.

I'm a sucker for Huey Lewis but most of his music would be terrible for goal songs

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,050.00