Confirmed with Link: Calum Ritchie signs ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
It's very likely neither of those guys play right away. There will be chances for someone to grab a spot and try to run with it.
Very unlikely, have you listened to Bednar and his commentary on kovalenko, Kovalenko expects to play in the nhl and will go back to Russia if he doesn’t play in the nhl, and I think it’s very likely Ritchie will get at least a game stint.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Very unlikely, have you listened to Bednar and his commentary on kovalenko, Kovalenko expects to play in the nhl and will go back to Russia if he doesn’t play in the nhl, and I think it’s very likely Ritchie will get at least a game stint.
I think you may have misunderstood me, I think both Kovy and Ritchie will get games at the beginning since 62 and 92 won't be playing. It will be up to Kovy and Ritchie to try and run with it and stay in the lineup.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I think you may have misunderstood me, I think both Kovy and Ritchie will get games at the beginning since 62 and 92 won't be playing. It will be up to Kovy and Ritchie to try and run with it and stay in the lineup.
I see the conversation you were in I understand now. I thought it wa absolute neither one of those guys were gonna start the year

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Other orgs figure out that talented 19 year olds elevate the pretenders to contenders.
Not really. Ritchie is good but let’s be honest, he was the 27th overall pick a year ago. He is physically immature and isn’t going to be playing PP when you have a healthy lineup, which will further stunt his development. Despite his point totals last year, a lot of games he’d have stretches where you wouldn’t notice him, or was physically out matched. Could he be useful this season? Sure, I think so. But for a team with next no 0 prospects after him, id want to ensure he’s developed properly and not rushed out of necessity. Why not give 03 Olausson an opportunity, especially as it looks like Ritchie is going to be used as a winger as well, a position he admits he’s never really played.

Nobody will shoot the puck.

It could make for entertaining hockey watching them all overpass until Manson rips one 10 feet wide from the point.
That’s the worst second line in the NHL, by far.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
The reason why people are talking about trying Ritchie in the top six is because, for all of his inexperience, he at least has real skill. Beyond MacKinnon, Rantanen, Mittelstadt, and Drouin, there is a really scary lack of raw forward talent on the Avs projected opening night roster. Who ELSE are you going to put on the second line? O'Connor? Colton? Wood? Kiviranta? We would literally be better off playing Girard as a winger.

Ritchie would pretty easily be the fifth most talented forward on the Avs. Giving him a 9 game trial is worth a shot, IMO, especially because aside from bulking up I don't think the CHL is going to be of real value to him this season.
Right, so bad asset management and poor drafting is going to force them to rush their number 1 prospect before he’s ready, and likely destroy his future.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Right, so bad asset management and poor drafting is going to force them to rush their number 1 prospect before he’s ready, and likely destroy his future.
I don't think there's anything "likely" about that at all. You could just as easily argue that sending him back to the OHL to dominate would stagnate his offense and "destroy his future". I don't think there's reason to doom and gloom over him potentially playing in the NHL this year at all. It might do him a lot of good to start adjusting early to the NHL pace.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
I don't think there's anything "likely" about that at all. You could just as easily argue that sending him back to the OHL to dominate would stagnate his offense and "destroy his future". I don't think there's reason to doom and gloom over him potentially playing in the NHL this year at all. It might do him a lot of good to start adjusting early to the NHL pace.
agree to disagree. Development in hockey is all about puck touches and playing in all situations, which he won’t get in the NHL this season. It’s just a bad look for the Avs, he’s clearly not ready to play at this level and his body is not developed for it yet. Prime years of Mackinnon and Rantanen and they’re pinning their hopes on a 19 year old.

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
agree to disagree. Development in hockey is all about puck touches and playing in all situations, which he won’t get in the NHL this season. It’s just a bad look for the Avs, he’s clearly not ready to play at this level and his body is not developed for it yet. Prime years of Mackinnon and Rantanen and they’re pinning their hopes on a 19 year old.
They aren’t pinning their hopes on Ritchie, they are pinning them on Landy and Val.

Ritchie is a future hopefully top 6 guy, but he’s insurance this year.

Not sure what else you expect the Avs to do in the salary cap era when 3 of their top 6 players will be injured or suspended to start the year.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
They aren’t pinning their hopes on Ritchie, they are pinning them on Landy and Val.

Ritchie is a future hopefully top 6 guy, but he’s insurance this year.

Not sure what else you expect the Avs to do in the salary cap era when 3 of their top 6 players will be injured or suspended to start the year.
Fair enough. I can see why he might start the year, but I hope he’s sent back once they’re back and healthy.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
What’s wrong with giving the kid 9 games? If he shows he can play? If he can’t he can still go back. Saying anything definite is a tad premature

Reactions: missionAvs

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Yeaaaaaaaaaa but like, would you really admit you whiffed that badly on a breakaway?

:laugh: I dunno, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and believe him here. Sick play, does certainly show the kind of high end skill he has if indeed it was on purpose and the way he thinks about things.

Sounds like he's been practicing it.

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
Would really like to see him in a little game action with Mitts at center to see what he can do with some real talent, but I’m sure the Avs staff already have a pretty good idea from practices.

Sounds like he's been practicing it.

Great move to keep in his deck, but hope he doesn’t overuse it and get predictable.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Would really like to see him in a little game action with Mitts at center to see what he can do with some real talent, but I’m sure the Avs staff already have a pretty good idea from practices.

Great move to keep in his deck, but hope he doesn’t overuse it and get predictable.
He needs to take that shot 90% of the time, so when he does the move it's completely unexpected.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Lmao, just incredibly dumb posts all throughout this thread from you.
Not at all. I’ve watched Ritchie 10x more than any Avs fan combined. I get the argument for him getting 9 games due to the injury situation, but he isn’t ready. Nice goal tonight for sure but was quiet most of the game. You guys have 1 good prospect with NHL upside, and it’s him. You have to be very careful with his development, especially since he lost all off season last year. He’s a tall kid but he’s not built at all.

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
Not at all. I’ve watched Ritchie 10x more than any Avs fan combined. I get the argument for him getting 9 games due to the injury situation, but he isn’t ready. Nice goal tonight for sure but was quiet most of the game. You guys have 1 good prospect with NHL upside, and it’s him. You have to be very careful with his development, especially since he lost all off season last year. He’s a tall kid but he’s not built at all.
Not arguing that we shouldn’t be careful with his development, but not sure I’d agree with only 1 prospect with NHL upside.

He’s our top prospect right now, but Behrens also has a chance to make the squad in the next few years, and we have some Russian prospects that have a shot.

Reactions: Leviathan899

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Not arguing that we shouldn’t be careful with his development, but not sure I’d agree with only 1 prospect with NHL upside.

He’s our top prospect right now, but Behrens also has a chance to make the squad in the next few years, and we have some Russian prospects that have a shot.
Sorry I should have specified forward prospects. Outside if Ritchie, Olausson is an 03 and seems to have been passed over by Ritchie already. Foudy I don’t think ever makes the league full time. I do like Behrens and think he’s a solid prospect for you guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad