Proposal: Calgary - Philly

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Lol, too funny :laugh:

Jakub had one 5th place season with 81pts in 82 games.

Johnny had one 6th place season with 78pts in 79 games.

What you forgot to mention is Jakub has played 8 seasons and looks more like a 50-60 point player than a top 5. everyone knew he cashed in on his FA season and now has one of the worst contracts in the league.

Johnny's rookie season of 64 points is better than any of the other seven Voracek's seasons, points/goals wise Gaudreau will crush Voracek from here on in...it won't even be close.

You were saying?

If Treliving traded Gaudreau for an overpaid Voracek he would have overdosed on stupid pills.

I agree they're not equal trade value but you're talking out of your ass about Voracek. The man has had one injury-ridden down year in his entire career and it's been a constant uptick since the day he came to Philadelphia aside from that.

One of the worst contracts in the league

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
I agree they're not equal trade value but you're talking out of your ass about Voracek. The man has had one injury-ridden down year in his entire career and it's been a constant uptick since the day he came to Philadelphia aside from that.

One of the worst contracts in the league
8 more years and $68 fricken million. let that sink in and then realize he's never even had 25 goals.

Yes, it's one of the worst contracts in the league

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Young stars rarely get traded. Actually good comparables would be Carter and Richards. Both were traded for two really nice pieces. I'd say Schenn + Provarov.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
8 more years and $68 fricken million. let that sink in and then realize he's never even had 25 goals.

Yes, it's one of the worst contracts in the league

Why do people only talk goals when talking about playmakers?

Voracek is 4th in RW in points over the last 4 years. And yes....he did cash in with his contract. That's what happens when you have a great year and you have UFA status in the horizon. Philly chose to overpay him by about $500,000 vs losing him for nothing with no replacement for him.

Maybe we should let Voracek play year 1 of the contract before determining that it's one of the worst in the league shall we?

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
Young stars rarely get traded. Actually good comparables would be Carter and Richards. Both were traded for two really nice pieces. I'd say Schenn + Provarov.

You want Provorov and schenn you better have alot more coming back then whats talked about on your end ! These players asked for just keep getting dumber and dymber

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Voracek had 11 goals last year.

I just imagined replacing Gaudreau's 30 goals with Voracek's 11 goals.

Yikes.

We would be Oilers level bad.

Almost.

And if we're playing hypotheticals, why don't we imagine what would have happened if Voracek came anywhere close to his normal shooting %, wasn't asked to play his offside for half thebseason, etc. Jake isn't on a great deal, but he got market value for a winger of his caliber. Not everyone can get steals of a contract, especially when they were previously on one.

Calling Jake the worst, or even among the worst, contracts is in the league is completely laughable. Total case of "what have you done for me lately" going on here.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
And if we're playing hypotheticals, why don't we imagine what would have happened if Voracek came anywhere close to his normal shooting %, wasn't asked to play his offside for half thebseason, etc. Jake isn't on a great deal, but he got market value for a winger of his caliber. Not everyone can get steals of a contract, especially when they were previously on one.

Calling Jake the worst, or even among the worst, contracts is in the league is completely laughable. Total case of "what have you done for me lately" going on here.

To be fair, when you make 7.5 per, the question "what have you done for me lately" is allowed to be asked and often.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
If we do treads Johnny. Very, very big if.... 5 first round picks. 1 for each year of eligibility until FA.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
To be fair, when you make 7.5 per, the question "what have you done for me lately" is allowed to be asked and often.

Well, when he starts making 8m this year and has that same season, we can ask that question. But since I believe he was only making 4.5, it's kind of moot. Thus the "previous steal" comment.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Jake Voracek is still a premier player in the NHL. He's on JG's level. Had a down year is all due to injury.

I dont know man....the man played 73 games, he wasnt that injured. His production last year was typical for him.

Voracek is a 60 pt guy...the one season was an outliner.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
He's more of an unknown at this point, but has a similar ceiling. He's quite a bit bigger and plays physical.

I've always liked Sam Bennett, right back to his days in Kingston. I see him as a potential replacement for Giroux in a few years. As well, having Bennett groomed to take the top center spot also allows Giroux to move to the wing, where he'll take much less abuse and still be effective. Don't get me wrong, I love Gaudreau, but right now, Bennett is the one that intrigues me more.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
As much as anyone else likes Bennett. I guarantee you Calgary likes him more.

There's no realistic trade scenario where Bennett is going anywhere.

NitHeel

Kimmo Forever
May 20, 2009
Reading, PA
I dont know man....the man played 73 games, he wasnt that injured. His production last year was typical for him.

Voracek is a 60 pt guy...the one season was an outliner.

If you watched him skate, you wouldn't be saying that.

He was hurt enough to effect his play but no in the way that taking a couple weeks off was going to fix anything.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If you watched him skate, you wouldn't be saying that.

He was hurt enough to effect his play but no in the way that taking a couple weeks off was going to fix anything.

Dude is still a 60 pt guy. Gaudreau is more than that.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

And what about Jakes 46 points in 48 games in 2012/13?

Look deeper into Jakes numbers this past season. We all know how bad his shooting % was to start the season...which also effected Giroux's numbers. Then Voracek was even on the 4th line playing with Bellemare and VDV...sigh.

Then in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb....in 50 games he had 46 points.

Then got hurt and tried to play thru it to try and help us get into the playoffs...which we did.

Voracek had an awful Oct...and injury in March...5 points in 17 games....a 24 point pace.
The rest of the season, he had 51 points in 56 games....a 75 point pace.

Hence why most reasonable people can see that Jake didn't have a bad season....he had a bad month and an injury month. The other 5 months he was very good.

Over the last 4 years, Voracek has 244 points in 285 games....a 70 point pace.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013

Eh, he paced 68 points a season in the two seasons before the top 5 one. Even won the team award for MVP in the lockout shortened season. I'd consider him a 70 point guy, which is exactly what he has been over the last 4 seasons.

Gaudreau is more than that, not a Travis Sanheim more.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
one of these guys has only topped 63 points once. The other is Gaudreau

What you forgot to mention is Jakub has played 8 seasons and looks more like a 50-60 point player than a top 5. everyone knew he cashed in on his FA season and now has one of the worst contracts in the league.

What I said was objectively correct. Gaudreau hasn't had a top 5 scoring season. Voracek has.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Jake was clearly injured last year and played through it. He also gained weight he lost the season before. Both are not an issue now. He is worth the contract he got. As tripod said, he hasn't even played a year of it. For several reasons he will have a career or close to career year.

It also does matter that JG is holding out to a certain extent. As opposed to jake who seems like a great team guy. Then add sanhiem who could be our best Dman when it's all said and done.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Johnny's rookie season of 64 points is better than any of the other seven Voracek's seasons, points/goals wise Gaudreau will crush Voracek from here on in...it won't even be close.

You were saying?

If Treliving traded Gaudreau for an overpaid Voracek he would have overdosed on stupid pills.

What makes Jake overpaid?

Do you think Johnny Hockey is going to get paid the same/roughly the same as Jake?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad