Proposal: Calgary - Philly

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MustardTigers

Aug 2, 2013
Rumors of Johnny Hockey wanting to be closer to home :sarcasm: seems completely unrealistic. I will play into this anyways for fun.

Flames give Johnny Hockey (who then signs the enormous contract we all expect)
Flyers give Sanheim and Voracek

Both fanbases like all these players so I am prepared to see some blind anger. Before we get a litany of "Voracek isn't worth his contract" comments. He had a down year and he still put up .75ppg so don't start claiming he has no value. Important to add Voracek just turned 27 last month and Gaudreau is 23.

Flames are also familiar with Sanheim from his Hitmen days.

Let the games begin.

Girouxtiful

Jul 17, 2012
As a Flyers fan, no thank you. Jake is fine. If we're assuming that the contract Gaudreau is getting will be at least as large as the one Jake has, then I don't think the value is that far off for what each offers. Certainly not Sanheim.

Love me some Johnny Hockey, but that's too steep.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
No way we're taking on Voracek's contract.

Provorov or Ghost bear plus Simmonds

Otherwise why bother.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Flyers aren't trading from one hole to create another. We need the D prospects more than we need another winger - no matter how good they might be. We'd also have approximately, what? 23 million (if the asking price is 7x7) tied up on one line.

Great player, but Philly doesn't have the expendable pieces to give up to get him.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I said in the other thread a fair trade would be Simmonds and Sanheim, not that I'd necessarily pull the trigger (really high on Sanheim).

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I said in the other thread a fair trade would be Simmonds and Sanheim, not that I'd necessarily pull the trigger (really high on Sanheim).

No clue if Philly would even consider it, but for me, it would need to be Schenn and a D prospect (obviously not Provorov, I know he isn't going anywhere.)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Voracek is 1 year removed from producing like JG did this year. No need to bail on him and trade away a potential top pairing Dman in the deal too.

JG is great...bug there is no need for this deal.

Last 2 years, JG is 15th in PPG....Jake is 18th.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Jake Voracek is still a premier player in the NHL. He's on JG's level. Had a down year is all due to injury.

Wouldn't go near that trade

Last edited:

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Maybe the Flyers could be in the running 8 years from now when Gaudreau's deal with Calgary ends and Johnny Hockey becomes a unrestricted free agent...:sarcasm:

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Not a chance. The Flames are not taking an overpaid Voracek. Something like Simmonds, Schenn + another valuable piece is what it would take because the Flames are not that interested in moving a 22 year old top 5 scorer in the NHL.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Not a chance. The Flames are not taking an overpaid Voracek. Something like Simmonds, Schenn + another valuable piece is what it would take because the Flames are not that interested in moving a 22 year old top 5 scorer in the NHL.

One of the players in the deal has been a top 5 scorer in the NHL, the other one is Gaudreau.

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
Rumors of Johnny Hockey wanting to be closer to home :sarcasm: seems completely unrealistic. I will play into this anyways for fun.

Flames give Johnny Hockey (who then signs the enormous contract we all expect)
Flyers give Sanheim and Voracek

Both fanbases like all these players so I am prepared to see some blind anger. Before we get a litany of "Voracek isn't worth his contract" comments. He had a down year and he still put up .75ppg so don't start claiming he has no value. Important to add Voracek just turned 27 last month and Gaudreau is 23.

Flames are also familiar with Sanheim from his Hitmen days.

Let the games begin.

"Flyers give Sanheim and Voracek"

That's just silliness !

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I wouldn't do this deal simply due to age. Jake probably has 2-3 more years of elite play before he declines. Gaudreau hasn't even topped out yet.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
One of the players in the deal has been a top 5 scorer in the NHL, the other one is Gaudreau.
Lol, too funny :laugh:

Jakub had one 5th place season with 81pts in 82 games.

Johnny had one 6th place season with 78pts in 79 games.

What you forgot to mention is Jakub has played 8 seasons and looks more like a 50-60 point player than a top 5. everyone knew he cashed in on his FA season and now has one of the worst contracts in the league.

Johnny's rookie season of 64 points is better than any of the other seven Voracek's seasons, points/goals wise Gaudreau will crush Voracek from here on in...it won't even be close.
Lol....funny how that point is ignored.
You were saying?
Exactly.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I see people get offended by a Voracek for Gadreau trade.
If Treliving traded Gaudreau for an overpaid Voracek he would have overdosed on stupid pills.

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Jake Voracek is still a premier player in the NHL. He's on JG's level. Had a down year is all due to injury.

Wouldn't go near that trade

Voracek didnt top 50pts until he was 24, 450 games into the NHL
Gaudreau did it as a 21 year old rookie, then took his game to a level in his 2nd year Voracek has only hit once.

Gaudreau is significantly better, and has a lot more value. Gaudreau 0.89ppg career, Voracek 0.70....

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Voracek had 11 goals last year.

I just imagined replacing Gaudreau's 30 goals with Voracek's 11 goals.

Yikes.

We would be Oilers level bad.

Almost.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad