Proposal: Calgary MTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Open your eyes, Don't know who created this trade idea but most Habs fans want nothing to do with trading Gallagher for that return.

I think this is the issue. Gallagher is a fan favorite, and Montreal fans want some overpayment for him. Meanwhile, the Flames are potentially going into a rebuild, and Montreal is asking for one of the Flames' top prospects for a guy who is 29, potentially declining, and signed until age 35 at $6.5 million/year.

This trade just makes no sense.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Montreal doesn't do this, but I do think Pelletier is getting a tad overlooked in this thread.
If Pelletier is being overlooked, it's because he's not what the Canadiens need. If he were a center, a puck-moving defenseman, or 6'3" and 220 lbs, a lot more Habs fans would be down with this deal.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
What do you think the price is for prospects that are about to potentially break out? The Flames are going to invest a bunch of resources into a prospect and then give them away. Who is actually on the table if Gallagher isn't?

Quite frankly, not very much. Kylington isn't even a regular and when he's in the line-up, he plays a handful of sheltered minutes.

Don't get me wrong, I think he still has some potential or else why would I be interested? I'm pretty sure however his value is very low and it wouldn't take much to get him.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
If Pelletier is being overlooked, it's because he's not what the Canadiens need. If he were a center, a puck-moving defenseman, or 6'3" and 220 lbs, a lot more Habs fans would be down with this deal.

We'd probably keep him then though.

Reactions: iginlafan77

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
MTL fan here, I believe Gallagher is the kind of player who would thrive under Suter, fighting hard, never giving up. I would hate to see him leave because that's the kind of player you want on your team. However with the Habs at the cap nowhere close to contention, I'd be open to a trade for futures. This particular trade however does not cut it.
a) taking 2 years of Lucic salary will cost a 1st (2x2nds if you are ARI and are nice ;) )
b) Gallagher is definitely worth 1st + B prospect, so it would be 1st + Pelletier (I know he is a former 1st but I am not really high on him)
c) Not sure Lucic would waive

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Quite frankly, not very much. Kylington isn't even a regular and when he's in the line-up, he plays a handful of sheltered minutes.

Don't get me wrong, I think he still has some potential or else why would I be interested? I'm pretty sure however his value is very low and it wouldn't take much to get him.
He had a great camp. The Flames aren't going to trade him for peanuts now. If you're coming in with low-ball offers, then you have wait until after he fails and take him on as a reclamation project. That time isn't now.

Reactions: iginlafan77

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
MTL fan here, I believe Gallagher is the kind of player who would thrive under Suter, fighting hard, never giving up. I would hate to see him leave because that's the kind of player you want on your team. However with the Habs at the cap nowhere close to contention, I'd be open to a trade for futures. This particular trade however does not cut it.
a) taking 2 years of Lucic salary will cost a 1st (2x2nds if you are ARI and are nice ;) )
b) Gallagher is definitely worth 1st + B prospect, so it would be 1st + Pelletier (I know he is a former 1st but I am not really high on him)
c) Not sure Lucic would waive
You should start by pulling Pelletier out of the proposal then. Purposely devaluing another teams prospect following a fantastic wjc is not a great way to start.

The Flames could crash and burn this year, so not trading their first. You need to find another team to pawn your offer onto.

A strongly competitive team might offer you their late first at the deadline, but that's also unlikely due to Gallagher's huge cap hit and contract length.

Gallagher will be tough to trade imo. Most competitive teams won't have cap space. Most rebuilding teams won't give up futures for a player turning 30. Great player, but his contract is a major issue.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
You should start by pulling Pelletier out of the proposal then. Purposely devaluing another teams prospect following a fantastic wjc is not a great way to start.

The Flames could crash and burn this year, so not trading their first. You need to find another team to pawn your offer onto.

A strongly competitive team might offer you their late first at the deadline, but that's also unlikely due to Gallagher's huge cap hit and contract length.

Gallagher will be tough to trade imo. Most competitive teams won't have cap space. Most rebuilding teams won't give up futures for a player turning 30. Great player, but his contract is a major issue.

It is not an offer per se and not saying CGY would do it just to be clear. Don t see I devalue a prospect, I am just sayin in this case I consider him a B prospect but I precise it is particularly because I am not high on him that I do so (ergo I find logical that someone considering a him a A prospect would not include him in the proposal)

I was just trying to evaluate the trade proposal above and I don t see where I have not been fair. Gallagher contract in my opinion is 1m too expensive at this stage indeed which makes him harder to move.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
It is not an offer per se and not saying CGY would do it just to be clear. Don t see I devalue a prospect, I am just sayin in this case I consider him a B prospect but I precise it is particularly because I am not high on him that I do so (ergo I find logical that someone considering a him a A prospect would not include him in the proposal)

I was just trying to evaluate the trade proposal above and I don t see where I have not been fair. Gallagher contract in my opinion is 1m too expensive at this stage indeed which makes him harder to move.

I'm not sure what you're basing that on. Pelletier is a recent first round pick who had an amazing juniors and seems to be progressing very nicely. He ranked second among all draft plus one players in points in the Q.

Pelletier has maintained at least his draft value. So you're basically asking for 2 firsts for Gallagher....good luck.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I'm not sure what you're basing that on. Pelletier is a recent first round pick who had an amazing juniors and seems to be progressing very nicely. He ranked second among all draft plus one players in points in the Q.

Pelletier has maintained at least his draft value. So you're basically asking for 2 firsts for Gallagher....good luck.
Zucker got 1st + Addison, I believe Gallagher is worth more in a vacuum, right ? 2x 30 goal scorer + 2x on pace for 30.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Zucker got 1st + Addison, I believe Gallagher is worth more in a vacuum, right ? 2x 30 goal scorer + 2x on pace for 30.

Zucker was younger the time of the trade, and only had 3 years left on his contract. Once again, I like Gallagher, but an issue with a lot of teams is going to be committing to his contract. If his contract was the same as Zucker's, it'd be a lot easier to move. It's those extra 2-3 years at $6+ million that makes Gallagher's contract difficult to deal with.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
He had a great camp. The Flames aren't going to trade him for peanuts now. If you're coming in with low-ball offers, then you have wait until after he fails and take him on as a reclamation project. That time isn't now.

Well, is he currently injured? He apparently only played one game and less than 4 minutes.

Super happy if he finally puts0 everything together, I have him on my keeper pool and have been protecting him for the past couple years in hope he breaks out.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Well, is he currently injured? He apparently only played one game and less than 4 minutes.

Super happy if he finally puts0 everything together, I have him on my keeper pool and have been protecting him for the past couple years in hope he breaks out.
You obviously think he's a pretty good prosect. Why would Flames management think any differently and just want to give him away?

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
You obviously think he's a pretty good prosect. Why would Flames management think any differently and just want to give him away?

I hope he turns things around. Doesn't mean his value is high. Anyhow, this is arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. Nice chatting with you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad