Rumor: Calgary interested in moving to #5 OA, but ask too high for now by Montreal

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I don't see see what the Flames could realistically offer on top of 9th that would entice Montreal. We have 28th OA, but that seems not near enough. Not really sure what else Montreal would realistically have any interest in.

Reactions: hn777

Jan 21, 2018
Not surprised, Montreal has consistently proven that they waste their lottery picks:

Reinbacher instead of Michkov
Slaf instead of Cooley
Kotkaniemi instead of Tkachuk

Can you imagine the habs with Michkov, Cooley and Tkachuk? I can’t, because Montreal sucks at drafting and developing lottery picks.

Montreal probably has ptsd that Carolina is going to offer sheet their lottery pick again, wouldn’t be surprised to see the habs trade or waste this pick yet again.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I don't see see what the Flames could realistically offer on top of 9th that would entice Montreal. We have 28th OA, but that seems not near enough. Not really sure what else Montreal would realistically have any interest in.
Remove the top 10 protection on the pick next year, maybe? That could do it.

Right now odds are Montreal get the Panthers pick.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Not surprised, Montreal has consistently proven that they waste their lottery picks:

Slaf instead of Cooley

Can you imagine the habs with Michkov, Cooley and Tkachuk? I can’t, because Montreal sucks at drafting and developing lottery picks.

Montreal probably has ptsd that Carolina is going to offer sheet their lottery pick again, wouldn’t be surprised to see the habs trade or waste this pick yet again.
Another dumb take coming from you!! 👏

How's Toronto playoffs success going? Lol

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
5th overall is such a perfect spot to be... The amount of unreal players available right there is insane... The only stress is choosing the right player

Reactions: Habby4Life

Takurcitee

Apr 22, 2022

Slaf instead of Cooley

Lol what slaf is better than cooley

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

Slaf instead of Cooley

Montreal probably has ptsd that Carolina is going to offer sheet

Guess you missed the part where Slafkovsky had
a better season than Cooley and Kotkeniemi was drafted by a completely different GM and scouting team.

Easy mistake its okay

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Calgary somehow finds a way to get the Devils #10 OA pick.

Calgary gets: #5 OA + #21 OA

Montreal gets: #10 +11 OA

Seems fair to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad