Calgary Flames quietly leading the NHL in preseason standings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I'm going to accept the lighter side of this thread.

Let's just check in after 20 games. If CGY can surprise people, then I'm all for it.

As of now I can't even figure who their starting goalie will be this season. Vladar?

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
Ah the preseason champion threads, a sign on hf that the ridiculous summer thread topics are coming to an end. Just have to save the best for last.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I'm going to accept the lighter side of this thread.

Let's just check in after 20 games. If CGY can surprise people, then I'm all for it.

As of now I can't even figure who their starting goalie will be this season. Vladar?

I mean there shouldn't be any surprises. This team has 80 points written all over them.

Defense is going to get blown out the first 10 or so games. Wolf is going to have some down stretches. Powerplay will go cold. Goals will be streaky. They'll look pretty good by january, get a 3 or 4 game win streak and then they'll trade 2 or 3 guys and have another month or so of re-orientation. Start bringing up all the young kids at the end of the year and have some fun losing hockey.

Set a watch to it.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
We are going to get stomped on this season. But it's encouraging that we aren't going to roll over while being bullied.

I'd like for circumstance to allow us to have a hard working team that ends up adding a high pick to that hard working team. I don't want a team to basically cut corners and then there's core rot that has to be purged prior to injecting additional talent onto the roster.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I predict they will battle for a wild card and then in the final weeks fall off and finish with the 10OA pick to rip my heart out like Panthers did a couple of years ago when the Pens shit the bed and let them into the playoffs to go on their Cinderella run

serp

Jan 17, 2016
A) They're not B) Pre-season doesn't matter.

Teams who do well in pre-season usually do so because lots of guys who want to make the roster or impress the coaching staff in general play lots of games.

Stars are 5-0 mainly via playing Stankoven and the fringe guys fighting to be 12-14th forward alot who have done most of the scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad