GDT: Calgary at Vancouver April 13th , 7pm MT - Johnny Hockey and Arnold!! SN-W

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I know everyone is watching #53 non stop....but you have to be impressed by Byron. I think he is a key piece moving forward.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
I know everyone is watching #53 non stop....but you have to be impressed by Byron. I think he is a key piece moving forward.

I remember the day Burke came as said we have to get bigger especially on the bottom 6. I looked at the lines and was like "Byron is done. Cya." From that day on he picked up his game and has got better every game. He has earned a spot on this team.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I remember the day Burke came as said we have to get bigger especially on the bottom 6. I looked at the lines and was like "Byron is done. Cya." From that day on he picked up his game and has got better every game. He has earned a spot on this team.

Lords do not care of the opinions of GM's.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
for those saying gaudreau needs to add weight, i'd just caution you that he may not have the body type to do so. i honestly don't know. i'm sure they wanted him to bulk up a bit at BC too but it just didn't happen. bears watching.

thanks for providing commentary on the two eagles thus far!

May 23, 2007
Calgary
Man, our roster is huge tonight.

John Gaudreau - 5'8" 155
Paul Byron - 5'7" 160
Kris Russell - 5'10" 170
Jiri Hudler - 5'10" 180
Chad Billins - 5'10" 180

Are we the Habs?

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Should switch Hudler and Byron out. Or Arnold and Stajan. The Gaudreau-Byron-Arnold line was pinned in their own zone a few times.

Edit: And it looks like Hartley's already switched lines.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010

Byron is the type of player that only gets decent ice time on a poor team.

He's not a bad player per se, but he has no place on an elite team.

Not good enough to play meaningful minutes on the top 6 for a contender, and isn't enough of a banger to play a bottom 6 role on a good team.

He's the opposite of a "key piece" moving forward.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Is anyone else impressed with Gaudreau's defensive play in his own end. He knows exactly where to be, his head is always on a swivel and he reads the play so well. His hockey IQ really is so good.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Is anyone else impressed with Gaudreau's defensive play in his own end. He knows exactly where to be, his head is always on a swivel and he reads the play so well. His hockey IQ really is so good.

He's been surprisingly good defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad