GDT: Calgary at Vancouver April 13th , 7pm MT - Johnny Hockey and Arnold!! SN-W

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Both goals have been heavily influenced by puck luck. If you're going to lose for a tank, that's the preferable way to do it.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
On the bright side, at least we're picking 4th if we lose.

This is a very bright spot IMO. With rumors that both the oilers and panthers like Draisaitl there is a little chance 1 of the top 3 guys fall to 4 (us!). Even if one of the top 3 guys fall they won't make it past 4, so this one spot could make a big difference

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Gaudreau looks so impressive. He's incredibly shifty, his vision is a step above everyone else's (his linemates are going to need time to adjust to how smart he is), and I knew he was hard on the puck, but I'm amazed at just how tenacious he is against NHL players.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
This is a very bright spot IMO. With rumors that both the oilers and panthers like Draisaitl there is a little chance 1 of the top 3 guys fall to 4 (us!). Even if one of the top 3 guys fall they won't make it past 4, so this one spot could make a big difference

Pick 4th would also make it less likely the Flames reach on a Ritchie, Virtanen or whoever.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Let's not get ahead of oursleves. Its one thing to add the weight but another entirely to learn to play with that extra weight. I wouldn't be averse to seeing him spend some time in the AHL next year.

I phrased that wrong. I meant if he plays well at training camp it's not far fetched for him to make the roster. Because before nobody really considerd him starting in the NHL next year. I also think he should have a uear to adjust to pro in Abby.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Heard from many oilers fan especially that mactavish loves Drasaitl and that if Ekblad is gone which now that Florida is picking #2 and I think they will take Ekblad that the oilers will take Drasaitl. That means whichever of Bennett or Reinhart that buffalo doesn't choose will fall to #4… so overall this is the only time in history I have hoped the canucks would beat us

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Gaudreau looks so impressive. He's incredibly shifty, his vision is a step above everyone else's (his linemates are going to need time to adjust to how smart he is), and I knew he was hard on the puck, but I'm amazed at just how tenacious he is against NHL players.

He's been good so far but I actually don't think he's fully playing 'his game' out there. Not skating that much, looking a little lost with the puck in our end. Overall very impressed so far, so so shifty, great nose for the puck.

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
I'm impressed by how quickly Arnold and Gaudreau were brought in the lineup. At times, Gaudreau (I forgot Arnold's number already) looked a little off, but that was with like a day of practice? I agree with other posters, he looks great, with some conditioning, he will be really impressive next year.

I don't really mind the two first goals, I just want to see how Gaudreau plays, I don't care if we win or lose.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Heard from many oilers fan especially that mactavish loves Drasaitl and that if Ekblad is gone which now that Florida is picking #2 and I think they will take Ekblad that the oilers will take Drasaitl. That means whichever of Bennett or Reinhart that buffalo doesn't choose will fall to #4… so overall this is the only time in history I have hoped the canucks would beat us

Bennett or Reinhart. :yo: Man oh man the draft is going to be fun.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
If Calgary loses they have a 31.3% chance of picking 5th. That's better odds than Buffalo has of picking 1st.

Let's wait for the lottery before locking in the 4th pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad