Confirmed with Link: Cagnoni signed to ELC

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Are you looking at last year only or something? Expand that list to 5 foot 9 and a half or 5 foot 10 and it's not terribly uncommon a height. Spurgeon , Matt Grzelcyk, Krug, vatanen, Girard...u could go on and on. Sime hockeydb sites never change a person's height from their draft year, even if they grew 2 inches.

And yeah he is listed as 5 foot 10 and a half, some say 5 foot 8 on several sources.

In any case, we may have a Decent player here. He's blowing expectations out of the water thus far. Something to be happy about in a prospect, not curmudgeon. If you want to be a negative Nancy, glass is half empty, kinda outlooker, that's up to you

But I mean, damn, if you want to say Johnny hockey or Marchand couldn't possibly be that good because they are short....Dan Boyle must have sucked too.
I was just commenting on your post that said there are “lots of guys making huge impacts” at 5’9”. That statement is just untrue.

I like Cagnoni and want him to succeed but small Defenseman just don’t exist in the NHL.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
There are literally 2 below 5’10”.
Well, Cagnoni will probably be listed at 5'10" himself. He already has been in some places.

Anyway, I don't think most here are thinking he's going to be a star--realistically, you're looking at a 2nd/3rd pairing guy who can contribute on one of the power play units, but that certainly can still have value to any team. And there are several contributors of that nature throughout the league under 6 feet (which feels to me like a good designation; what's an inch or two, really, especially when these things are often fudged?).

Cagnoni could be one of those guys. It's certainly worth giving him the ELC and for us to root for him to achieve that level of success in the future. And really, who doesn't want to root for an underdog to prove all the doubters wrong?

Reactions: 67 others

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Well, Cagnoni will probably be listed at 5'10" himself. He already has been in some places.

Anyway, I don't think most here are thinking he's going to be a star--realistically, you're looking at a 2nd/3rd pairing guy who can contribute on one of the power play units, but that certainly can still have value to any team. And there are several contributors of that nature throughout the league under 6 feet (which feels to me like a good designation; what's an inch or two, really, especially when these things are often fudged?).

Cagnoni could be one of those guys. It's certainly worth giving him the ELC and for us to root for him to achieve that level of success in the future. And really, who doesn't want to root for an underdog to prove all the doubters wrong?
If Cagnoni can contribute on the PP and not be a black hole at evens (when paired up with a guy who is very solid defensively, maybe a guy in the DeMelo mold), that's a success story for a 4th round pick even if he did fall in the draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad