C Zachary Morin - Snipers Hockey Club, U15 AAA (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jtechkid

May 24, 2024
with new rule change - i think could see lot of kids - especially canada kids bypass the ushl and play in canada juniors then go to bu - it will be interesting

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
with new rule change - i think could see lot of kids - especially canada kids bypass the ushl and play in canada junior then go to bu - it will be interesting
He hasn't done well in the USHL and Youngstown has played him down the lineup, going to major junior gives him the opportunity to be back home and thrive in a more offensive Q

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Possibly but this can also be a case of him underperforming in Youngstown and looking for a fresh start somewhere else.

I think that's probably it. In his QMJHL Draft, he was part of a "big 3" with Desnoyers and Guité. They're both thriving as first line players in the Q and they're going to be NHL 1st rounders while he's still playing down the lineup in Youngstown. Boston U in 2026 must seem far away right now.

Reactions: wetcoast

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I think that's probably it. In his QMJHL Draft, he was part of a "big 3" with Desnoyers and Guité. They're both thriving as first line players in the Q and they're going to be NHL 1st rounders while he's still playing down the lineup in Youngstown. Boston U in 2026 must seem far away right now.
He would have likely been going to BU in 2025, but with his current performances in junior, Pandolfo may have deferred him to 2026.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Not surprising, I was wondering if something like this might happen. He got a look on the Benak line at the Fall Classic, but quickly found himself on the 4th line. No powerplay time, no pk time. Didn't play much this past weekend against Chicago and the shifts he had, he was running around trying to hit everyone in sight. I get it, when you find yourself lower in the lineup, you have to do something to try to be an effective player.

Ultimately though, I just don't think Morin is that talented. For a tender and BU commit, he never flashed the type of high end upside you'd expect from a player of that profile.

jtechkid

May 24, 2024
yea every player road is different - getting tendered ushl playing third - fourth line - zero PP time can hurt their development- some would be better staying u -16 playing 22 min - PP- keep developing but also having fun -

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he had the upside to be like Boisvert, but he hasn’t developed since being tendered like Boisvert did. Doubt he goes anywhere near where Desnoyers and Guite do. He’ll be lucky to be a third rounder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad