Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
You're debating millisecond body adjustments. It doesn't matter. He crossed the whole ice at full speed, launched himself full force and chicken winged himself into a player that had no puck for more than a second and it was a completely blindside hit.

There's no defending this. The puck left Stutzles stick before Xhekaj even decided to shift his hips into the hit.

View attachment 911714

Please don't be a homer.
The hit - it was late, from the side, it made contact with the body. He did not launch himself nor did he hit the head. His elbow came up after he made contact and passed by Stutlze. He got a penalty and that was enough.

I don’t care how many PP goals they scored, shit score 15,lol. The league does a horrible job protecting players and liberties continue to happen. We just saw a career nobody take out a top players knee. We saw a scrub 4th liner make a very similar hit on Kirby in a meaningless preseason game. Players need to police themselves.

Wifi sent a clear message, if you want to go that route, you leave your team vulnerable because it’s coming back. Wifi did exactly what he should have. I bet every guy in that room gave wifi a pat on the back, they know sometimes shit has to be taken care of on the ice.

It was nice to see and I hope moving forward the Habs continue that mentality.

Reactions: HespelerGreenFlash

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Im arguing it should be illegal.

I don't care about the results, only intent. Reckless hitting shouldn't be in the NHL.
Are you going to add attempted instigator or attempted unsportsmanlike conduct too? You can’t start having Trials of Intent in sports. There wasn’t even a body check!

The league can't even manage to properly enforce the rules that are black and white, I can't imagine the shit show the league would become if they start trying to enforce the intent behind hits.
He doesn’t want to look at intent behind a hit, he wants to look at intent when there isn’t even a hit!

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
What people tend to overlook, is that during the game against Toronto and same goes against Ottawa; the Habs were not the instigators in any fashion to the events that happened;
Xhekaj was not ´gooning ´ it up like some people here seem to think ; he only retaliated to defend, and to send a message.
I’m 100% behind his decisions; you cheap shot one of our stars; I’ll do the same to your team.
Eye for an eye ; that’s not goonery.
To this day, I have never once seen Xhekaj make a dirty play without prior provocation

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
The wallflowers on here want the Habs to turn the other cheek. Players have been policing the game since its inception.

What they enjoy losing a top player for months to some worthless scrub taking a cheap shot.

Good for Wifi, he did an awesome job in both cases.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The hit - it was late, from the side, it made contact with the body. He did not launch himself nor did he hit the head. His elbow came up after he made contact and passed by Stutlze. He got a penalty and that was enough.

I don’t care how many PP goals they scored, shit score 15,lol. The league does a horrible job protecting players and liberties continue to happen. We just saw a career nobody take out a top players knee. We saw a scrub 4th liner make a very similar hit on Kirby in a meaningless preseason game. Players need to police themselves.

Wifi sent a clear message, if you want to go that route, you leave your team vulnerable because it’s coming back. Wifi did exactly what he should have. I bet every guy in that room gave wifi a pat on the back, they know sometimes shit has to be taken care of on the ice.

It was nice to see and I hope moving forward the Habs continue that mentality.
I posted a still of Xhekaj thats about 2 foot off the ice. He clearly leapt into the hit, nothing about it looks good.

Are you going to add attempted instigator or attempted unsportsmanlike conduct too? You can’t start having Trials of Intent in sports. There wasn’t even a body check!

He doesn’t want to look at intent behind a hit, he wants to look at intent when there isn’t even a hit!
Whens the last time an instigator or an unsportmanlike conduct ended up in a career being ruined ? I'm thinking of the players and the persons.

The wallflowers on here want the Habs to turn the other cheek. Players have been policing the game since its inception.
Lmao the wall flowers

HespelerGreenFlash

Dec 20, 2007
What people tend to overlook, is that during the game against Toronto and same goes against Ottawa; the Habs were not the instigators in any fashion to the events that happened;
Xhekaj was not ´gooning ´ it up like some people here seem to think ; he only retaliated to defend, and to send a message.
I’m 100% behind his decisions; you cheap shot one of our stars; I’ll do the same to your team.
Eye for an eye ; that’s not goonery.
To this day, I have never once seen Xhekaj make a dirty play without prior provocation
You sir deserve a medal.!! Bravo

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I posted a still of Xhekaj thats about 2 foot off the ice. He clearly leapt into the hit, nothing about it looks good.

Whens the last time an instigator or an unsportmanlike conduct ended up in a career being ruined ? I'm thinking of the players and the persons.

Lmao the wall flowers

Watch the video, where is this jump, where is this chicken wing? Neither happened. 2 foot, hahaha. His skates are on the ice at impact, you’re just making things up.

Wifi got a penalty and did the right thing for his team.

Wifi too was thinking about the players and persons, his teammates. Next time scrubs may think twice if they know their stars are vulnerable.

Last edited:
Reactions: rickthegoon

HespelerGreenFlash

Dec 20, 2007

Lmao the wall flowers
You need to rewatch the hit. Arbers two feet are on the ice at contact.

Reactions: Habby4Life

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021

Lmao the wall flowers

Lmao the wall flowers

Watch the video, where is this jump, where is this chicken wing? Neither happened. 2 foot, hahaha.

Wifi got a penalty and did the right thing for his team.

NHL rules says that Stutzle is responsible for his own stick. If he keeps holding his stick like he’s playing lacrosse, his stick will end up hurting someone else.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Struble has jumped him as of now. I still have Xhekaj as our 7th defencemen though.

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Struble - Barron
Xhekaj

Sadly, Mailloux needs more time in Laval. First call up though.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Struble has jumped him as of now. I still have Xhekaj as our 7th defencemen though.

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Struble - Barron
Xhekaj

Sadly, Mailloux needs more time in Laval. First call up though.

Yeah that’s about right, he can work on his game and rotate in. He’s presence is needed.

Reactions: waitin425

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'm sure it will happen soon, but I want to see how the team reacts if someone takes a cheapshot against him.

Denisenko did I think 2 years ago and nobody did shit.

Last year someone on Columbus did and Pearson was there somewhat doing something.

Just do want Tampa did and have everyone swam and make sure no one gets separated.

Tampa's team overall was soft as shit, but they just dogpiled the other team so no one would be separated and dummied.

Reactions: Habby4Life

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I don't have any issues with what Xhekaj tried to do, I just have an issue with how he did it.
This 100%. Stamp a picture of Stuzle in the board beside publicity ads, I'm good. Open ice hits, not really. Also because it makes Xhekaj a target for referees. If he hits hard but clean, then it would be 100% better than what happened last night

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
This 100%. Stamp a picture of Stuzle in the board beside publicity ads, I'm good. Open ice hits, not really. Also because it makes Xhekaj a target for referees. If he hits hard but clean, then it would be 100% better than what happened last night
Why wasn’t there supplementary discipline. One, there was no hit. Two, Stutzle is responsible for his own stick.

Reactions: Matthew McConaughay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad