C William Nylander (2014, 8th, TOR) VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
1 day ago no one cared or knew Nylander was boxing, now people are giving their opinions on what part of boxing is better for him to learn :laugh:

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
he really should be with the leafs...but having nylander might cost leafs 2-3 spots in the final standings by years end...which is horrible for a rebuilding team looking to add great prospects

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Healthy scratch for tonights Marlies game. Clearly Leafs management doesn't see any potential in him either. Will probably move him out for nothing to open up a roster spot soon :sarcasm:

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Healthy scratch for tonights Marlies game. Clearly Leafs management doesn't see any potential in him either. Will probably move him out for nothing to open up a roster spot soon :sarcasm:

Heard the Leafs are finalizing a trade to Detroit for Mantha, the only question is how many picks are we adding?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Being "noticed" is somewhat subjective. If a player makes safe plays all night, and does all the little things right it won't show up on a highlight reel but it means they had a good game regardless.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Being "noticed" is somewhat subjective. If a player makes safe plays all night, and does all the little things right it won't show up on a highlight reel but it means they had a good game regardless.

He didn't play last night, that's why people are saying he was invisible.

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015

Fun fact: I face palmed reading this

Can't wait to see Willie in the show but I'm happy they're bringing him along slow and letting hi develop at his pace

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Man Leafs fans are really hard on the kid based on the last page.

Nah, he just didn't play in yesterday's game so they're just making jokes. Although today, he's made a lot of bad plays, including a turnover that led to a goal

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Read on Mark Masters twitter feed Nylander was benched for the 3rd period in today's game. Apparently Keefe was not happy with his game.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I reported what Masters reported in his tweets while out today. Given some thought (me included) Nylander was going to be called up soon.

Is this not discussible on the Main Board? Perhaps today was a setback to that plan or confirms what Dubas has said not too long ago. Though Nylander is talented he has not mastered the AHL just yet.

Anyone what to discuss what happened today?

Last edited by a moderator:

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I reported what Masters reported in his tweets while out today. Given some thought (me included) Nylander was going to be called up soon.

Is this not discussible on the Main Board? Perhaps today was a setback to that plan or confirms what Dubas has said not too long ago. Though Nylander is talented he has not mastered the AHL just yet.

Anyone what to discuss what happened today?
leon drai never mastered the ahl, nurse never mastered the ahl, larkin never mstered the ahl. You have bad games, nylander was playing for the first time in 4-5 days. He wasn't great but it doesnt change the fact that he is an nhl player and has been since preseason. He has adjusted incredibly to center, and is putting up points and has gotten praise for his defensive game by keefe aswell. He had a bad game but i bet he shows up and dominates the next one.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Yes, bad games happen to everyone, even the best players. Should be noted that before today's game Nylander was excellent for a very long stretch, in fact he was riding a 10 game point streak (7 goals, 17 points)

Just that Keefe has a high standard for Nylander, considering they want him to transition as a top C with a good overall game immidiately in the NHL

He should get back on track tomorrow.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Hmm yes Nylander.

An interesting comparable. A ninth overall pick centre, who if I recall was very highly touted before and going into his draft year but fell for alleged character concerns. Came back with two strong developmental years, and (albeit as a 20 year old) in his first season starting in the ahl put up a 1.26 ppg before getting called up midway through the season and never looked back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad