C/W Ivan Morozov - Spartak Moscow, KHL (2018, 61st, VGK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Seems like I’m not the only one who thinks so

Does this guy have any credibility or is this just salty Couvy posting?

Edit: he gushes about Podkolzin being the toughest hockey player he has ever seen because he stayed in the game after a big hit. Just a tad homerish.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Does this guy have any credibility or is this just salty Couvy posting?

Edit: he gushes about Podkolzin being the toughest hockey player he has ever seen because he stayed in the game after a big hit. Just a tad homerish.
Couvy is the cringiest nickname that nobody here says, howbout Van, or Nucks?
To answer your Question he tells it like it is and is just as likely to call out a Nucks prospect as he is to praise them.
FWIW, if you follow the KHL or Russian prospects you would hear many people say Podz is a very tough kid who several times has been badly injured and, actually just find the clip where he takes a massive head shot and walks off on his own. Kids a beast. And salty? About what? The bubble? We were a massive underdog still in a rebuild. Looking back we should have started Demko.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
It's just funny because that's literally the exact opposite of his strengths. His biggest strengths are vision, passing, and playmaking.

So I have no idea who this random twitter guy is but he's dead wrong.

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
Well if you’re just watching highlights there is your problem right there.

I don't think any of us are experts on Morozov at this point, yourself included. You should be happy he's a Knights prospect after all. Everything I have seen and read contradicts what your expert said so I'll just leave it at that.

If he turns out to be an NHLer that's fantastic, if not, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. You shouldn't either.

What he is doing at his age in the KHL is impressive. We will see if it translates over to NHL.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Kid has most assists for an under 21 player in the regular season and playoffs in the KhL this season. Play making is not his problem. I would like to see him shoot more actually. He has a good shot.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Any chance Bragin makes a case for him at the Olympics? It would be interesting to have Dadonov and him meet there & possibly play together the next season.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Any chance Bragin makes a case for him at the Olympics? It would be interesting to have Dadonov and him meet there & possibly play together the next season.
With Russian situation at C being what it is he definitely has a chance.

If Bragin is still the coach he will just pick Kamenev though.

Reactions: CupInSIX

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
With Russian situation at C being what it is he definitely has a chance.

If Bragin is still the coach he will just pick Kamenev though.
Hate Bragin all you wwant, but he had Morozov on the NT at WC. He does trust this guy.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
It's not even Bragin hate, he just favored Kamenev both in NT and with SKA so far.
I don't think so. He's had a very questionable roster last year with SKA. It was completely unclear who would carry the load. It seems to me more like Bragin was till the end trying to find something that works. but it's hard without 1st line players. Morozov was getting more callups than I expected last season. In honesty though he responded well on the NT.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
According to the site Morozov wants to go to the NHL after this coming season and doesn't wanna sign new contract with SKA. So SKA wants to trade him, and that was the reason Morozov was sent to the VHL during preseason tournament in Kazan.

Sounds interesting, but there is the problem, the source. That site isn't very reliable even by tabloid standarts.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
According to the site Morozov wants to go to the NHL after this coming season and doesn't wanna sign new contract with SKA. So SKA wants to trade him, and that was the reason Morozov was sent to the VHL during preseason tournament in Kazan.

Sounds interesting, but there is the problem, the source. That site isn't very reliable even by tabloid standarts.

Tuboltseva was more specific in her telegram channel yesterday, she wrote that coaches weren't satisfied with Morozov's effort. I think it is a combo of multiple factors though: not a good preseason, huge amount of centers on the SKA roster (which makes him expandable) and his decision to go to the NHL (which makes more sense to invest into the players that are staying).

Reactions: Atas2000

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Tuboltseva was more specific in her telegram channel yesterday, she wrote that coaches weren't satisfied with Morozov's effort. I think it is a combo of multiple factors though: not a good preseason, huge amount of centers on the SKA roster (which makes him expandable) and his decision to go to the NHL (which makes more sense to invest into the players that are staying).

Morozov played at Puchkov's though. He looked very good in two games, but made a great pass to an opponent on the first goal against in the 3rd game and didn't look good overal, so he didn't play in the 4th game.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
Morozov played at Puchkov's though. He looked very good in two games, but made a great pass to an opponent on the first goal against in the 3rd game and didn't look good overal, so he didn't play in the 4th game.

I didn't watch this tournament, but earlier in Sochi he wasn't too good, back then I didn't really bother about it though.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
This. They recently got Vorobiev.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
There's a rumor that Morozov may be traded to AK Bars after the game today. SKA-Neva is currently beating them 3-0. Their main club looks to be a little weak at C so it would make sense and a good change of scenery for him.

As I finish writing this it's now 4-0.

Last edited:

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
There's a rumor that Morozov may be traded to AK Bars after the game today. SKA-Neva is currently beating them 3-0. They look to be a little weak at C so it would make sense and a good change of scenery for him.

As I finish writing this it's now 4-0.

It's unlikely Ak Bard would want him for their VHL team though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad