C/W Gabe Perreault - Boston College, NCAA (2023, 23rd, NYR)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'm a bit of a tough grader on prospects because, well, most of them don't work out...but Gabe Perreault is one that I really, really like and it all starts with his mental game. He has elite hockey sense and one of the sharpest mental processors of the last few drafts. I broke down a little bit of what makes him tick here...

Thanks for the input!

Reactions: wetcoast

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Aidan Hreschuk. Taken in the third round once upon a time (2021), but now hardly even on the third line for BC.
He could never score for a smaller guy, so not surprised.

That’s the type of play where the player who misses feels a lot of shame that they ruined what would’ve been the assist of their teammate’s career. I think most people would feel way worse about that than missing an ordinary chance. Should buy Perreault dinner or something, at least.

Wieters

Mar 2, 2024
The pass is pretty pedestrian by Gabe's lofty standards. The most impressive part about Perreault there is being in the position to receive it in the first place. BC was on the penalty kill there and Western Michigan is driving up the ice. Most guys are retreating there. But Perreault knows how aggressive Leonard is and is ready to turn around to make himself available as soon as Leonard takes possession. High level anticipation.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Ad

Ad