C/W Elmer Söderblom - Frölunda HC, SWE JRs (2019, 159th, DET)

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Don’t think he’ll have any issue transitioning to NA in the AHL.

I wouldn't think so either, he might even be better suited for smaller ice. I have really high hopes for him in GR.

If this kid can be a 40-50 point complimentary winger, key net front PP guy, we struck gold. I'm pretty hopeful for that outcome.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I wouldn't think so either, he might even be better suited for smaller ice. I have really high hopes for him in GR.

If this kid can be a 40-50 point complimentary winger, key net front PP guy, we struck gold. I'm pretty hopeful for that outcome.

My feeling is he will be to Detroit what Killorn is to Tampa. And I'm still sticking with an even larger Freddy Modin as my player comp.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
*marlies d, in fairness
Also to be fair, an underrated part of that clip is that he definitely hurt that D on the forecheck and thats why he could barely move.

Its funny Soderblom isnt a very mean player but he'll have a big hit every game just vecause hes the biggest guy on the ice all the time.

6'8, 250 at his age is scary, I think hes played his way on the team and Yzerman might have found a pretty big late round gem here.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He kinda looks like the 2020s answer to Eric Daze. Wonder if he'll be groomed to be more of an offensive producer or used in a two way role with his frame.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Maybe a little Brian Boyle or Antropov. Better offense? What Mantha should have been, if he used his size and offensive ability more effectively.

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
Dude is legitimately 3” taller and 20+ lbs heavier than the historically remembered giant snipers like Daze, Modin, and Mantha. Elmer is such a unique physical talent that I’m not sure there will be a previous player that provides a good stylistic comparable. Thompson in Buffalo isn’t too far off his size, but I don’t think he and Elmer really play all that similarly

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Maybe a little Brian Boyle or Antropov. Better offense? What Mantha should have been, if he used his size and offensive ability more effectively.
Much closer to an Antropov style player than to Boyle, who he plays nothing like. Hes honestly like the type of player you would create in a video game when youre 12. Massive, flashy hands and really skilled. Hes the forward version of Chara out there, he looks hilarious on the ice

Al48

Apr 23, 2020
Much closer to an Antropov style player than to Boyle, who he plays nothing like. Hes honestly like the type of player you would create in a video game when youre 12. Massive, flashy hands and really skilled. Hes the forward version of Chara out there, he looks hilarious on the ice
This is hilariously true. He really is the player every kid creates in Chel.

Reactions: brakeyawself

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
What's his offensive upside? He doesn't have big numbers in the SHL.

That goal number last season was pretty big for that league, taking his age into consideration it was a really big number. He was 5 goals off second place in the entire league. On his own team no one was close to him in goals either 21-13. Take into account that his development curve hasbeen really really steep and it makes sense he made a push for the team.

His offensive upside is pretty decent I would say, I dont know if he'll get it this year but hes going to be a PP guy with his hands and size combo. Worst case as a net front guy. He has the skill set to score 30 goals in the NHL, not saying he will but he definitely has that upside

Hazy Little Thing

Jan 19, 2022
That goal number last season was pretty big for that league, taking his age into consideration it was a really big number. He was 5 goals off second place in the entire league. On his own team no one was close to him in goals either 21-13. Take into account that his development curve hasbeen really really steep and it makes sense he made a push for the team.

His offensive upside is pretty decent I would say, I dont know if he'll get it this year but hes going to be a PP guy with his hands and size combo. Worst case as a net front guy. He has the skill set to score 30 goals in the NHL, not saying he will but he definitely has that upside
Not to mention he was barely getting any ice time the first part of the year.

Reactions: Slimmy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad