C Lukas Sutter - Saskatoon Blades, WHL (2012 Draft)

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
I don't think anyone was expecting him to make the jets for a few years. He's a second round pick. Some bust and some develop. Way too early to say.

I know but it's just something I note as a fan, Moroz who is an Oilers pick only has 4 pts and hasn't been playing great. I've definitely noticed that and been a little concerned myself, I'd imagine Jets fans are the same way.

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
People need to remember that even if Sutter does not make the NHL as a scoring Center, he can still play in a 3rd-4th line C role once he gets bigger and stronger.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
People need to remember that even if Sutter does not make the NHL as a scoring Center, he can still play in a 3rd-4th line C role once he gets bigger and stronger.

I guess this puts things in perspective for Moroz as I've been a bit disappointed in his production. That said both have intangibles like toughness to lean on when they aren't putting points on the board.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
It's a funny thing with Sutter. He's really come into the year with the attitude that he's got to score now that he's an NHL prospect. Yeah, he played second like minutes last year and put up points...but he did it because he was physical and went hard to the blue ice. Maybe after being taken in the 2nd round he thinks he's an offensive player now.

With how the Blades roster is shaping up, that's not the case. He needs to wake up a bit and realize that he's still got to be a grinder. He hasn't done that this season and in fact, that area of his game was a weakness for him down the stretch last season and in the playoffs. That, after playing the first two seasons of his career as a gritty and in your face player.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
It's a funny thing with Sutter. He's really come into the year with the attitude that he's got to score now that he's an NHL prospect. Yeah, he played second like minutes last year and put up points...but he did it because he was physical and went hard to the blue ice. Maybe after being taken in the 2nd round he thinks he's an offensive player now.

With how the Blades roster is shaping up, that's not the case. He needs to wake up a bit and realize that he's still got to be a grinder. He hasn't done that this season and in fact, that area of his game was a weakness for him down the stretch last season and in the playoffs. That, after playing the first two seasons of his career as a gritty and in your face player.

He maybe needs to look at some old gamefilm of his Dad and Uncles style to remind him he has the genes to be an incredibly valuable team type player, and not to emphasize scoring so much.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad