C Logan Stankoven - Texas, AHL (2021, 47th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Marv Merchants

Sep 2, 2019
Yeah, I agree. Scouts have to love his intensity out there. He looks like he models his game after MacKinnon or maybe that's a testament to how talented Stankoven is.
Yes i like his skillset the most out of this draft class but his size makes him a wild card. Dunno when or if a player his size has been taken 1st overall? His skillset is certainly 1st overall material.

Reactions: Dominance

kimbiashton

Sep 3, 2019
head coach admitted that the Blazers were missing his energy in the second game of the pre-season. he's a buzzsaw for the team.

Marv Merchants

Sep 2, 2019
Patrick Kane was 5"9 when he was drafted first overall but also averaged 2.5 points per game that year. Kane did though have Gagner and Kostitsyn on his team who were junior stars. If Stankoven gets 70 - 90 points as a 16 year old then it could be plausible he goes first in 2021.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Has played with 2 meh overagers; LW Orrin Centazzo (5 foot 8 / 160)* (in his 5th WHL season) and RW Zane Franklin (5 foot 9 / 200)** (in his 6th WHL season) * 188 regular season games, 80 points | ** 206 regular season games, 122 points

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Has played with 2 meh overagers; LW Orrin Centazzo (5 foot 8 / 160)* (in his 5th WHL season) and RW Zane Franklin (5 foot 9 / 200)** (in his 6th WHL season) * 188 regular season games, 80 points | ** 206 regular season games, 122 points

Yeesh, might want to do some research there bud. First of all, Centazzo is only 19. Secondly, he played on a very deep Everett team when was younger, was traded to Kamloops and has put up 66 points in 99 games as a Blazer.

Franklin who was a bit player for a strong Lethbridge team, in his first year in Kamloops had 28 goals and 68 points for the team lead in points.

You should probably look into things a bit more, before you make yourself look silly.

Reactions: FrankGallagher

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That should be the title of an Andre 3000 classical LP.

Beethoven+shades.jpeg

Stankoven

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Yeesh, might want to do some research there bud. First of all, Centazzo is only 19. Secondly, he played on a very deep Everett team when was younger, was traded to Kamloops and has put up 66 points in 99 games as a Blazer.

Franklin who was a bit player for a strong Lethbridge team, in his first year in Kamloops had 28 goals and 68 points for the team lead in points.

You should probably look into things a bit more, before you make yourself look silly.

Bad day huh? - take a chill pill -

Sure Orrin isn't an overager, made a mistake, i'll give you that.
Yes, Zane lead his team in points last season, but who he played with; Connor Zary

In my mind, meh players nevertheless. 19 year old who turns 20 next year, who has had super meh midget,bantam, junior career
20 year old who turns 21 next year (January), who is an actual overager with avarage junior career, quite okay before WHL.

Orrin is a future ECHL player, or low tier Europe player, Zane is an AHL 1st-2nd liner at best i think.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Yes, Zane lead his team in points last season, but who he played with; Connor Zary

In my mind, meh players nevertheless. 19 year old who turns 20 next year, who has had super meh midget,bantam, junior career
20 year old who turns 21 next year (January), who is an actual overager with avarage junior career, quite okay before WHL.

Orrin is a future ECHL player, or low tier Europe player, Zane is an AHL 1st-2nd liner at best i think.
This makes no sense. Franklin scored at a much lower rate when he was Centazzo's age, yet Franklin's a 1st-2nd liner in AHL and Centazzo an ECHLer?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Man I can't wait till regular season starts!!

Awesome to see him doing so well and building chemistry with his linemates but remember it is still preseason and a lot of teams are sitting out their main guys

I understand people getting excited for him, but the brakes need to be pumped quite a bit here.. there are younger kids lighting up the preseason all over the league

Be excited for him, but just cool it a little!!lol

Last edited:

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
I posted this in another forum, here are some of the numbers other top 16's have put up the last two years. I think these are the ranges we should be looking in.

i'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 45-60 if he doesn't deal with injuries this year.

2018-19 - Justin Sourdif - 46 points
2018-19 - Seth Jarvis - 39 points
2018-19 - Ozzy Wiesblatt - 39 points

2017-18 - Peyton Krebs - 54 points
2017-18 - Dylan Cozens - 53 points
2017-18 - Kirby Dach - 46 points

As for Zane and Orrin, establishing a baseline for a player's success in the WHL based upon your projections for them as a pro player is futile. They both have strengths and weaknesses and the line works. That's all that matters.

Reactions: wetcoast

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
go take a look at 16 year olds who hit those types of numbers in the whl.....hes a great player but cmon. Pre season in the chl is literally rookie teams, its common to see guys rip it means little.

Yup.. I hate being the bearer of bad news but every year, every single team have guys that tear up the preseason.

I'm not downplaying Logans skills at all cause he is a special talent that Kamloops is lucky to have for quite a few years, but every team across the CHL have these preseason standouts

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Yup.. I hate being the bearer of bad news but every year, every single team have guys that tear up the preseason.

I'm not downplaying Logans skills at all cause he is a special talent that Kamloops is lucky to have for quite a few years, but every team across the CHL have these preseason standouts
its been 30 years since a 16yo put up 85 pts in the whl....I love stankoven but that is a LOT to expect

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Marv Merchants

Sep 2, 2019
go take a look at 16 year olds who hit those types of numbers in the whl.....hes a great player but cmon. Pre season in the chl is literally rookie teams, its common to see guys rip it means little.
Nolan Patrick scored 30 and was over a point per game as a 16 year old.

Rnh was at a point per game.

Jordan Weal was over pt per game.

Schenn was over a pt per game.

To reach 85 pts he needs 1.25 per game. If you watched Stankoven and not just read reports you'd see he has the talent. Elite skating, elite shot, great playmaking. 85 in 68 is feasible, but keep hating hater :)

• Haha
Reactions: Breakfast of Champs

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Nolan Patrick scored 30 and was over a point per game as a 16 year old.

Rnh was at a point per game.

Jordan Weal was over pt per game.

Schenn was over a pt per game.

To reach 85 pts he needs 1.25 per game. If you watched Stankoven and not just read reports you'd see he has the talent. Elite skating, elite shot, great playmaking. 85 in 68 is feasible, but keep hating hater :)

I love his game, I've watched him (albeit really only Canada Games) but I just don't see him being the top scoring player for that age group the WHL has seen in 30 years - if that makes me a "hater' well I dunno.

I know what the players above did, and none came within 14 points of hitting 85 - and to assume he will play 68 games is to assume he won't play U17s so he will miss some game there. Realistically we will see him play around 60 games, just I can't see him hitting 1.33 ppg at 16, sorry.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I believe Kamloops Blazers play Kelowna Rockets next in back-to-back.

Would like to see him and Trevor in the same game, assuming they are each in their respective lineups.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I love his game, I've watched him (albeit really only Canada Games) but I just don't see him being the top scoring player for that age group the WHL has seen in 30 years - if that makes me a "hater' well I dunno.

I know what the players above did, and none came within 14 points of hitting 85 - and to assume he will play 68 games is to assume he won't play U17s so he will miss some game there. Realistically we will see him play around 60 games, just I can't see him hitting 1.33 ppg at 16, sorry.

Yeah I'd be pretty surprised to see him hit 85 points. Heck even 70 will be tough to crack. Even Eric Alarie another 2003 born whose only a month older than Stankoven has 9 points in the preseason with Moose Jaw. Stankoven is great but people need to temper expectations, this is pre-season. Kid is a damn good talent but expecting him to put up 85 points is insane.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012

I apologize for the bitchiness. Centazzo and Franklin didn't play with Zary much last season. For big chunks of the year it was Loewen-Zary-Lang or with Stuart.

Secondly, again Franklin and Centazzo were low on the depth chart for their respective teams previously. They play together and have fantastic chemistry. This season a trio of Stankhoven-Franklin-Centazzo should produce this season.

I see Centazzo getting 65 points, Franklin 75 and Stankhoven REALISTICALLY getting 55 to 60 points, which is still VERY impressive for a 16 year old kid.

Reactions: Daximus

Marv Merchants

Sep 2, 2019
Yeah I'd be pretty surprised to see him hit 85 points. Heck even 70 will be tough to crack. Even Eric Alarie another 2003 born whose only a month older than Stankoven has 9 points in the preseason with Moose Jaw. Stankoven is great but people need to temper expectations, this is pre-season. Kid is a damn good talent but expecting him to put up 85 points is insane.
I'm going to pull this Quote up 34 games in :) hope you're not this negative in your regular life.

Reactions: Breakfast of Champs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad