C Kent Johnson - Cleveland Monsters, AHL (2021, 5th, CBJ)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Interesting. I would be quite happy with Johnson, so I guess time will tell. Are you a Mctavish guy?
I think Mctavish is gone early. I’m more guys I fear will be busts. So I’m off of Geunther, Edvinsson, and Johnson. But this draft is so wide open. Other than Power and Beniers the top ten projected could go all over the place.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I think Mctavish is gone early. I’m more guys I fear will be busts. So I’m off of Geunther, Edvinsson, and Johnson. But this draft is so wide open. Other than Power and Beniers the top ten projected could go all over the place.
In a dream world Eklund falls to us, but I don't see it.

Edvinsson is going to be hit or miss. He could be a bit like a Jay Bouwmeester, or he could be a Matt Bartkowski. He seems to have good hockey sense defensively, so his floor is still a useful player.

FromChaos22

Jan 10, 2008
Los Angeles

Don't see Geunther as a potential bust, he's too smart and skilled for that. He's going to be a solid player at a minimum.

Reactions: Dominance

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Ranked 15th by McKeen's.

Disrespectful.
Yeah, I’m not personally a big KJ fan, but no way he falls that far IMO. I’ve got concerns about his pace and toughness/physicality, but he’s clearly got elite skill. No question he could end up the best forward in this draft if his development goes well. Can’t see him going lower than ~10-11, and he’s got a solid shot to go top 5.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Kent might as well be my favorite player from this draft class simply because of how intriguing he is. dude might as well be a steal if he pans out. Detroit absolutely should take him

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Best player in the draft
Oooh, I’ll take Edvinsson let’s see who wins lol.

Nag but Johnson is the most intriguing to me, like he could be insane, or become rather irrelevant. It’s weird lol. I’m personally super bullish on him tho I think he’s absolutely disgusting, puck skills are off the charts

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The more I watch him the more positive I am on him. I would be happy if the Ducks pick him.
To me he is a much better player and prospect than Guenther.

Can anyone tell me why he wasn't playing in U-18?

Reactions: kinghock

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The more I watch him the more positive I am on him. I would be happy if the Ducks pick him.
To me he is a much better player and prospect than Guenther.

Can anyone tell me why he wasn't playing in U-18?

He was too old.

Reactions: d rake

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Any thoughts on this article?

2021 NHL Draft: Johnson vs. Guenther

“In a poll conducted by NHL.com of 10 NHL scouts who were asked which player they would choose if given the option, Johnson earned an 8-2 advantage.”

My thoughts are that I’m surprised it isn’t 10-0. Johnson is an astronomically better prospect than Guenther and has the highest offensive upside in the class. If he slips outside the top 5 it’ll be the pick of the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad