C Jiri Kulich - Rochester Americans, AHL (2022, 28th, BUF)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He looks fantastic. Kid is used to playing against men so taking it down a notch to playing against his peers he really stands out. It’s a great sign to see him really look this good, sometimes “kid playing in a mens league” does not tell you everything. But when you can do that very well AND look a level ahead in a junior tournament then you are cooking.

Outside of Necas who I still have some belief in despite a ho-hum season, I think Kulich is gonna be the best Czech forward prospect in a while.

Sale is going to be even better in another year.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
And now the OT winner on a 4 on 3.

His shot is very very good.

Not enough to get the Czech player of the game award. Why does the IIHF even bother with these?

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Added an assist on the tying goal and scored the OT winner for the hat trick!

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
What is interesting in his case is that he has improved enormously from one year to the next.

Never could I have thought it would get this strong in 2022 last year or two years ago.

Same for Sale who has become much better than Petr.

JMac13

Jan 10, 2011
So is this guy a First round pick?

5 Goals in 3 Games is nuts
Just an FYI he actually has 6 I think. For some reason they've given the overtime goal to Hamara which is just wrong. Expect it to get corrected.

Either way this kid has a rocket for a shot. Looked like Stamkos teeing up from the half-wall for most of that game.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
He's been a 1st rounder with at least 3 scouting services since the winter
His ranking in draft reports is everywhere from 25 to 60. I think a big part is because he stayed in extraliga which is not a heavily scouted league. Really curious where he ends up and if he ends up making it. Seems to be in that kubalik/vrana/pasta shooter type player which Czechs desperately lack.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1651015787809.png

Here are his draft rankings right now... 18th to 62nd.lol I'm hoping anywhere in first round but far from a lock.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I only caught the 1st period so I missed most of his action. It seemed like he was playing LW with Sapovaliv as his C.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Was really impressed in his limited viewings at the WJC. I think he will sneak into the first round after his strong u18 performance

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I like it that he is not a typical Czech player who would like to invent another pass while driving and played on the corners of the field. On the contrary, he is very straightforward, emphatic and can shoot without preparation. He's exactly the type of player we really need.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I like it that he is not a typical Czech player who would like to invent another pass while driving and played on the corners of the field. On the contrary, he is very straightforward, emphatic and can shoot without preparation. He's exactly the type of player we really need.

He has a good arsenal of shots, and he seems to have a good understanding of how to set them up as well. Example is his 2nd goal yesterday. He understood that the one time was getting stale, so he switched things up to create a new opportunity. He actually left the offensive zone entirely in order to be forgotten by the Canadian defence.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
He's a center that will play center at the NHL level. I think he'll go 1st round.
I know it says he's a C but at the U20 at Xmas and here at the U18.. he's played wing for us. Not saying he isn't or won't be a C, just never seen it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad