C Jiri Kulich - Rochester Americans, AHL (2022, 28th, BUF)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone have video of his goal today?

Seems like he had a great game (1G, 1A, 7 shots)?
I don’t have the video. But, I watched it live. Rocket of a shot right off the face off on the power play from the top of the left circle if I’m not mistaken.

He had a good game. Great speed, shot, and motor. Should carve out a role in the NHL at some point.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
He had a very good game.

Had a impressive sequence shorthanded where he grabbed the loose puck around the right boards, cut across ice and opened up a shooting lane for a good chance.

Will be interesting to follow as a Leafs fan as he was one of the players people possibly wanted picking at #25.

Reactions: Team Cozens

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Buffalo put out their behind the scenes of round 1 of the draft video today and the most interesting thing by far was how bad they wanted Kulich. They were trying to trade up for him starting at 17…which is the pick right after they took Ostlund at 16. They debated the two hard and then wanted both bad. No one would trade down with them. And he got to 28 anyway.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Buffalo put out their behind the scenes of round 1 of the draft video today and the most interesting thing by far was how bad they wanted Kulich. They were trying to trade up for him starting at 17…which is the pick right after they took Ostlund at 16. They debated the two hard and then wanted both bad. No one would trade down with them. And he got to 28 anyway.

Where can I watch this? Wish the Wings did stuff like this... That'll never happen

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Very interesting to watch that video.

I think they did the right thing to try to move up and get Kulich. It’s funny but in my fantasy league I had a similar debate in my mind about who to take between those 2 players (my league drafts before nhl draft). I think both players are going to be great top 6 nhlers. Buffalo did very well to get them both!

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Great video, I know these videos are supposed to make the teams and staff look smart - but Kevyn Adams strikes me as a genuinely good leader. Doesn't try and act like he's the smartest in the room and listens to input from everybody on his scouting team.
He appears to understand that his primary role is *manager*. He lets the subject matter experts who report to him do their jobs. Adams gets high praise for the way the amateur and pro scouting staffs work seamlessly with the beefed-up analytics team - colleagues, not rivals.

He's a breath of fresh air compared to the prior incumbents. Fingers crossed that the Pegulas finally made the right GM hire.

If Kulich pans out the way they hope, he'll be a total steal at 28OA.

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022
Its rise has been meteoric for 1 year.

Now I clearly rate him as an elite Czech talent like Jiricek or Sale whereas last year I saw him behind Hamara.

Impressive. Such a trajectory between 17 and 18 years old is extremely rare.

And the fact that his progress is repeated and accentuated suggests that it is not a coincidence coinciding with the year of the NHL draft.

This should continue this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad